PDA

View Full Version : So ... is anyone braving the crowds and venturing to the mall today or tomorrow????

iloveflipflops
12-23-2007, 02:25 PM
I am tempted to go - just to see the chaos!! HA HA

I really do have to go to Office Max as I have used my last envelope and i cannot be without envelopes. Certainly Office Max won't be too crowded ya think?!?!??!?!

hutchink
12-23-2007, 02:28 PM
I would think not Office Max would be to busy!! The only place that I am going is to the grocery store! Which I know will be crowded! urgh.......

prdesigns
12-23-2007, 02:30 PM
We were out late last night, ds had a hockey game in a mall.... it was crazy. We didn't need anything ... just people watching.... so weird to see 'shopping carts' FULL of bags in the mall.... I mean I can see carts in Kohls, Linen's & things and Target.... but people we taking the shopping carts out of the major anchor stores and walking around the mall with them.... it seemed weird. Glad I'm done, it's crazy out there!

Swanie78
12-23-2007, 02:36 PM
I went to the grocery store, Blockbuster, and Target yesterday afternoon and none of them were as bad as I thought it was going to be. All 3 times I found parking spots quickly (despite the parking lots being FULL) and was at most the second person in line to check out.
Target was the most annoying out of the 3. Only because everyone was just strolling the aisles looking at things and I was in a hurry to get in and out. But it really wasnt that bad.

cindi
12-23-2007, 02:44 PM
it's a mad house! lol
then to the professional beauty supply store, which wasn't bad and now I have a great gift for the yankee swap at df's family get together .
so I hope I'm done, though I have a nagging feeling I forgot something at the grocery store!
:wacko:

My3Ds
12-23-2007, 03:13 PM
I kind of agree about seeing the carts *in* the mall. I'm thinking I' like to go have lunch at the mall tomorrow just to watch. Especially the men frantically looking for gifts. You think with 364 days of avanced notice that they'd have this done by now. :)

Christie
12-23-2007, 03:23 PM
Well I forgot something at the store so I will be going to pick up that. We were at Best Buy yesterday and it wasn't to bad. The parking lots were worse then the stores were.

cindi
12-23-2007, 03:24 PM
I kind of agree about seeing the carts *in* the mall. I'm thinking I' like to go have lunch at the mall tomorrow just to watch. Especially the men frantically looking for gifts. You think with 364 days of avanced notice that they'd have this done by now. :)

he has to shop tomorrow!!! men!
:)

mahodgman
12-23-2007, 03:29 PM
Anita/alh did! She stopped by here a little while ago on her way to the mall. I told her she was crazy! She is taking her grandsons to see Santa, not shopping. Isn't she a sweetie? She stopped by to lend me her Bind-it-all book because I was asking for a review of it. Now, I can take my time and decide if I want to buy it or not. I also have to go to the grocery store today. Maybe I can talk DH into going for me. I'm picking up the house today....ok, don't tell on me that I'm here instead of cleaning!

Erin K
12-23-2007, 05:50 PM
I need to go to Costco tomorrow.

I'm all sorta ticked off. ONe family we invited to Christmas said they were not sure. Today they are still not sure! I'm like, FREAKING FIGURE IT OUT! I don't understand that? I mean it's 4 people I need to know... So I'm going tomorrow to buy more stuff and to get drinks which is what I was going to ask them to bring. (yea, I assigned everyone simple things to bring)

These friends are good friends, we like them, but they always do stuff like this to us.

GrammaStamper
12-23-2007, 05:55 PM
I have to go pick up a chocolate cake I ordered. Can't have a Christmas dinner without chocolate cake! It's a small strip mall, so shouldn't be a problem. But, for chocolate, it's worth it.

Christie
12-23-2007, 06:26 PM
Well somehow I talked my mom into going to the store for what I forgot to pick up on Friday!! Gotta love Mom's!!!!!!

TiikkiStars
12-23-2007, 06:34 PM
Goodness, gracious NO!!!!!!

Usually, I do all the grocery shopping, but DH went today for me!! How lucky am I?! Plus, he does all the cooking on Christmas Day! Poor guy, we're doing something different this year and so he has to get up at 5am to throw the meat in the oven and then come back to bed....and pray he doesn't wake up DS because if he does, we'll never get him to go back to bed until its time to get up for presents!

Erin - Not telling you if four people are coming for a holiday meal is awful!!! We had that happen with my sisterinlaw and her family, only they told me they were coming, so I bought extra food (a lot of extra food because they are really big eaters), extra drinks, a folding card table and chairs because with the four of them, I would have run out of room at the dining table even with a kid table too, I didn't have enough china, so I bought a whole set of Christmas plates for everyone, extra table linens, and an extra centerpiece for the folding table. And then on Christmas morning, she tells us she's not coming!!! Needless to say, we were beyond blank blank blankity blank blank! I hope you get an answer soon and that you can avoid Costco!!

:> Karen

ellie
12-23-2007, 08:10 PM
I feel like I grocery shopped all day today. One year. instead of stockings, I took my kids laundry baskets and filled it with all their favorite snack type foods. You know, stuff they don't have to share. It was such a big hit that I do it every year now and I think they look forward to that more than anything else. Let's face it, competition for an Oreo is pretty stiff with 4 boys. I got most of that stuff at W-mart. Then, on to Sam's Club. One of the people who will be here for dinner requested their Creme Brulee Cheesecake. I got that and picked up 2 eye of the round roasts for dinner. Then it was on to the regular grocery store. Of course, there were a couple of things that they were out of so I came home, put it all away and then ran back out to another store for the other stuff. I guess I would have to say that the grocery section of W-mart was the worst. I am very happy to be done!

threefriends91
12-24-2007, 12:53 AM
Oh Erin, That would drive me crazy.. friend or not, they need to have enough respect to let you know. Four extra people makes a difference. l don't know how you do it all Erin. But you sure are one special lady.

And as for going out to a mall or store..KNOW WAY....lf l don't have it now, we will live without it.