PDA

View Full Version : Crazy pets and the things they make us say!!

mydogstinks2
12-25-2007, 06:09 AM
Ok so most of us have pets that are not "normal". I mean normal by the dogs on tv that just lay on the rug and never do anything, or that go potty outside like they are suppost to. Ok that last part may just be at my house, but anyhow...

I've said it before and I will keep saying it:

THESE DOGS ARE NOT NORMAL HERE!!!

there is something wrong with them, each and everyone!!!

Lets start with Fred, he is the princess after all!! Just two days ago Fred was itching himself, his leg was hitting the floor so he thought someone was knocking at the door. He started barking so all the other dogs started to bark. The whole time still itching and still barking!

Little Bit who has to be half brain dead, and I say this in a loving motherly voice as I roll my eyes. She is laying in the chair chewing on her leg. Normal, right? NO!! She is crying because she is hurting herself!!! I just look at her and say "Little Bit, quit it! You need all of your legs!!" She looks at me, spits her leg out and just has this look like "oh was that MY leg I was chewing on!"

Tippy she is just grumpy and old and almost the most normal dog I have. Other than her obsesion of having to know where everyone is all the time. She runs through the house doing a head count then goes and lays back down.

Doodle my sweet little angel!! NOT! She is a demon puppy!! SHe is so sweet to everyone, plays nice, cuddles the whole puppy thing! I play with her and it's like someone put in super charged batteries. She is jumping and biting and just comes at me with all these little teeth. She is so fast holy cow!! I'm so glad she only has 3 inch legs and has not learned to jump yet!

now the new guy, I know we needed another dog, right.
Obie, aka Doodles brother. The puppies came back here and we sold one and keep one for my Mom. He is afraid of EVERYTHING! I mean everything, he had an upset tummy for swithing dog food. No messy stuff but lots of gas. He farted and ran from the fart!! I laughed so hard I almost wet myself!

AND if I have to say one more time that the garbage can is NOT a snack bowl They all are getting thrown outside!!! (not really I just like to act like I'm in charge sometimes!)

Swanie78
12-25-2007, 06:26 AM
ROFLMAO!!!
That is the best read I've had in a long time!!!

I only have a cat (and a hamster) and I think he's pretty normal. Other than the not realizing he's a cat. And the size he thinks he is depends on the situation. Hiding and attacking me.....he's AT LEAST 100 lbs of cat. Crawling into my lap for a nap.....why he only weighs a couple of pounds so he cant understand why I'm saying "ow!" ;) In actuality, he's nearly 18 pounds of blubber, skin and lots of hair.

Nancy
12-25-2007, 10:20 AM
I always enjoy animal stories, we have a Yorkie 16 years old that learned if you go out one day, you can come in the other one and perhaps get a treat. also, if you eat all your food, you get a treat and if there are people eating dont you go to each one and see who will give you a treat. Then it sounds like out, when she barks and then does go out. She sleeps all day and about 4:30 in the am says OK time to wake everyone up and then she goes back to sleep. There are those days where she won't be missed, but on the whole, quite good, I inherited her when I got married. - Nancy

Nancy
12-25-2007, 10:21 AM
Guess I better read before I punch keys I mean go out one door and came in other
Geez maybe I need a treat. - Nancy

GrammaStamper
12-25-2007, 10:29 AM
Those stories are too funny! Thanks for the laughs this morning.

GrammaStamper
12-25-2007, 10:31 AM
Guess I better read before I punch keys I mean go out one door and came in other
Geez maybe I need a treat. - Nancy

Oh, and here I was, hoping it was a special door to a mystery universe, you know, like Star Trek. LOL!

hutchink
12-25-2007, 10:41 AM
You gave me a very big chuckle this am. I have to say my dog is normal- other than he herds my cats in corners and will not let them leave! My cats on the other hand are so far from normal it is not funny!

My old cat (16 years old) Nala- has a crying fit if you are eating donuts and do not give her a bite. She does the same thing for chili. Do not leave out the bread either or she will eat the whole loaf!

Jinkers- my 2 year old Siamese- He is the biggest chicken......he hears any noise and he runs away super fast.

Lucy Lou- my sweet little 10 month old Siamese- She thinks she is a dog, I'm sure of it. The minute the boys take off their socks she grabs them in her mouth and takes off with them. She also must love water...since every time one of the guys is in using the bathroom she has to be in there with them and all most gets peed on. Lucy also sits in the front window and watches the traffic. She gets up on the window - and meows at the cars.

Animals are so fun!

iloveflipflops
12-25-2007, 02:14 PM
Thanks for the laughs Chris. Those are too funny. I am trying to think of something funny that Tudi and Ladybug do but I can't think of anything that compares to your "stories." I guess my dogs are normal.... ha ha

Nancy
12-25-2007, 02:23 PM
Then if your dog is normal, how come the DH has a problem, perhaps it is he!!!!!!!!!-Nancy

iloveflipflops
12-25-2007, 02:33 PM
You got it Nancy ... I do believe its him. He has never been an animal lover. I just think some people are and some aren't. lol

hbpuppy
12-25-2007, 03:25 PM
My dogs are just as wierd as yours Chris, I just have fewer dogs. Paris, the chocolate lab is almost blind and refuses to walk on our wood floors. So, I have to pull him in and out of the house. He's heavy!

Kim, I have to laugh about your bread-eating cat. Paris does the same thing. We used to live in a cult-a-sac. The kid across the street came out of his house with a slice of pizza in his hand. Paris ran across the street and swiped the pizza out of that kids hand and ran off. The kid never saw him coming. The neighbors all laughed but I felt so guilty.

Moses won't go outside by himself. He has major abandonment issues. When he was a puppy I used to have to stand outside in the rain so he would go potty. Now, he goes out by himself as long as the door stays open. He follows me all over the house and watches me when I'm in the shower. He used to sleep on my bed but my new bed is too high. The first night I put my bed in the room he looked at me like, "how am I supposed to jump up there?" Then, he laid down on the floor and sighed.

mydogstinks2
12-25-2007, 03:28 PM
ok I thought of Tippy's weird habit. She will not eat unless someone is looking at her. When she was a puppy we had to watch her so she would not eat to fast and get sick. Now still almost 10 years later she still will not eat unless someone is in the room with her!

ALSO I'm soooo glad i not the olny one with "weird" pets! I don't think I would trade any of them in for anything either! But the day is not over yet! LOL