PDA

View Full Version : While at the Mall today, I passed Victoria's Secret

Vintagegal
12-26-2007, 05:35 PM
and told myself that the moment I hit my goal weight, and maintain it for one month, I am treating myself to something from Victoria's Secret (my goal weight is 130 lbs). LOL! I don't know if I'll manage to reach my goal this year, but it's something to strive for. Oh my goodness! I haven't bought anything from Victoria's Secret in four years! heheheheh

Swanie78
12-26-2007, 05:47 PM
The only thing that fits me there is the lip gloss :biglaugh:
Good luck on reaching your goal!!

GrammaStamper
12-26-2007, 09:16 PM
The only thing that fits me there is the lip gloss :biglaugh:
Good luck on reaching your goal!!

I'm ROTFLMAO! Me too, me too, lip gloss for everybody!

irishchristine
12-26-2007, 09:42 PM
I love VS! I always feel thinner in matching panties and bras! LOL

logcabincreations
12-26-2007, 10:01 PM
Lipgloss...too funny! Well Ethel, let's work on this together. My goal weight is 130...I only have 40 pounds to lose....oh brother!!! I know dh would LOVE for me to get some VS....lol.

Vintagegal
12-26-2007, 10:37 PM
I know dh would LOVE for me to get some VS

Funny thing is DH was the last person I thought of when I passed VS. I used to buy my bras at VS (when I could fit into them). I was thinking of treating myself to one of their bras when I reached my goal weight. And, you KNOW how much their bras are (like $30 - $45 a pair). I just thought it would be a nice treat for ME (since I'm not losing weight to please DH).

logcabincreations
12-26-2007, 11:09 PM
Yes they are expensive....that's where I get mine when I have a coupon (they come every once in awhile if you have a VS card); I'm not losing to please my dh either....in fact I'd love to be able to buy some new clothes but don't want to until I've lost some pounds. It's depressing to buy bigger sizes :swoon:

BeckyButtshaw
12-26-2007, 11:43 PM
It's depressing to buy bigger sizes :swoon:
I hear that! I'm still not quite back into all of my pre-prego clothes and it totally sucks. But, I refuse to buy bigger clothes-especially when I'm working to lost the weight. So, alas it's still a few maternity clothes for me. Talk about motivation.
And, I too will trot my happy butt to VS for some new undies!

stampcrazyjulie
12-27-2007, 12:34 AM
I was just in VS a few days before Christmas buying some of their yummy smelling lotions. I also sprayed myself pretty good with some Rapture Perfume.....I tried not to look at the other depressing stuff that they mainly sell in their Store! :)

Someday I too will go buy myself some nice VS stuff, but for now I am happy smelling sexy! :)

teabear
12-27-2007, 01:32 AM
LOL....It's good to have a goal. I didn't even know they had lipgloss and lotions. Shows you how long it's been since I was in one. Poor hubby!

threefriends91
12-27-2007, 05:00 AM
When l had my by-pass Surgery on my legs, it was Scray.. l dragged my right leg aroud for two years and after the Surgery, l changed my eating habits.. l used to be 184 pds.

l know it was so hard and l hated myself, but l also knew l had to lose weight and do it the right way or l would end up putting everything and more back on LOL

When my doctor told me to stop eating butter, cut the extra fat off my meat, stop drinking pop. replace this with lots of water, It took me 6 months to lose 47 pds. but l do feel alot better. l do give myself a treat on Friday nights one glass of pop and we order a pizza for dinner.
l could not believe by just following these few steps that it would make that much of a difference. And now l hate the taste of butter, and l love drinking water, l'm finding pop taste so sweet, l don't enjoy it on Friday nights like l use to.

Please Ladies becareful on how you go about loseing weight... It can be dangerage to your health.. When l was 17 my weight was at 72 pds and it almost killed me.First learn to love whats inside of yourself, Then learn to eat healthy, and you'll be a better off.

Did you know it takes most people 16 days to change a habit...
l'm not bragging at how good l am, l do care very much for you and totaly understand, l just want to help.

Vintagegal
12-27-2007, 07:28 AM
l'm not bragging at how good l am, l do care very much for you and totaly understand, l just want to help

Oh, I don't think you're bragging at all. I really appreciate what you've shared. I'm giving myself one year to lose 52 pounds. That's one pound per week. Not at all an unrealstic goal. I think it's quite do-able, and if I hit the gym often (which is harder to do than changing my eating habits) I'll be in much better shape.

I am trying to lose weight because I'm in a much higher risk than the average person for Type II Diabetes. I had gestational diabetes during pregnancy. Also, heart disease runs in my family. I don't want to die before I'm 45. These are my reasons for losing weight and getting down to a healthy BMI.

To heck with pleasing my mother (who though I was overweight at a size 8) or even DH (who loves me regardless of how plump I am). The vanity factor is just icing on the cake.

JBgreendawn
12-27-2007, 10:31 AM
To heck with pleasing my mother (who though I was overweight at a size 8) or even DH (who loves me regardless of how plump I am). The vanity factor is just icing on the cake.Here! Here!

last time i was in VS and seen a bra i liked it was close to 70.00 so just so you know you may have to save a little more. to get a matched set when you get there... :)

directmailscrapper
12-27-2007, 01:59 PM
Ethel, if I had a goal of 130 pounds -- I guess that would be PER LEG???? Just kidding! Can't imagine seeing 130 again. I think I skipped right over it....