PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for a little boy ***Updated Dec 28***

keltie
12-26-2007, 10:14 PM
There is a family here that is in need of some prayers.Their youngest son is 7 . AT five years of age he was he was found to have a rare type of cancer that could not be treated, so the only way to stop the cancer was to remove the one kidney when the cancer was,which they did and he was recovering nicely.. They have now discovered a spot on his knee which they are hoping is a new cancer find , because if it is part of the old cancer he could have other "HOT SPOTS", which would not be good. If it is a new cancer they feel they will need to amputate his leg. They have told the parents to come prepared to stay at the hospital for not days, or weeks ,but months. WE do have an excellent children's hospital about two hours from here. Of course the parents are upset,But the mother is like a rock, she said she needed to buck up for her son and she has. They have two sons . The other is about 9. The community will certainly be having fund raisers for them. But please pray for this family and their stresses. the older brother finds it hard to back home and not to be with his brother, the mother stays right with him and loses her pay for not working, for the Dad as well as the extended family and mainly for little Jonah, who is a sweet boy.
I have been making thank you cards for her to use, as she likes to see that everyone one is properly thanked. So I will be those to her over the next while. Not much but what else can I do?

Update. Sadly this family was told that Jonah's cancer is another spot from the old cancer, which means that there could be more 'Hot Spots". They were told before that his type of cancer was not treatable( the last time ). I know they have some choices to make, but don't know the details except none are a great choice and they are not saying that any of the choices will do any good. My heart goes out to them. Please continue to pray for them

logcabincreations
12-26-2007, 10:19 PM
Pray Pray Pray....the best medicine in the world! I will pray God's healing hand to be upon this little boy and for his family to be able to have peace and to cope and to be able to afford what he needs.

ellie
12-26-2007, 10:29 PM
I will pray...this is so sad...I have a hard time when a child is sick like this...my heart goes out to them.

scrappinnuts
12-26-2007, 11:19 PM
Heather can I send you some cards to pass along to her? I know how the cards from out shackie Friends have helped with My DD's Best friend who has cancer right now.

keltie
12-27-2007, 12:59 AM
That is so kind of you Terry.Thank you ,yes any cards will get passed onto her . You are so thoughtful.

teabear
12-27-2007, 01:30 AM
Bless his sweet little heart. I'm keeping the whole family in my thoughts and prayers. Please let us know what happens.

threefriends91
12-27-2007, 05:17 AM
Oh this is so sad, it hurts my heart to hear about kids getting cancer. l will pray for their whole family and for poor Jonah. l'm glad that the community is helping out, And l will send some cards your way to give to this poor family too.

dreis1
12-27-2007, 07:27 AM
Prayers for everyone concerned. So sad. Glinda

Darleneh710
12-27-2007, 09:56 AM
This is very sad. My prayers go out to him and his family.
hugs

HeatherJ
12-27-2007, 12:21 PM
That is so sad, Heather. I will indeed prayer for them, and as you know, he is in good hands at the IWK, so we will hope for the best.

keltie
12-28-2007, 01:04 AM
Bumping up I've added an update.

keltie
12-28-2007, 05:07 AM
Update. Sadly this family was told that Jonah's cancer is another spot from the old cancer, which means that there could be more 'Hot Spots". They were told before that his type of cancer was not treatable( the last time ). I know they have some choices to make, but don't know the details except none are a great choice and they are not saying that any of the choices will do any good. My heart goes out to them. Please continue to pray for them.

loobylou
12-28-2007, 06:57 AM
Oh Heather, this is sad news. I wonder if we can send Jonah a card to cheer him up, Would that be appropriate? It doesn't seem fair that such a young child should face this hard, hard road.
I will say a prayer for his health, for his parents and for the doctors to find the right answers for him

keltie
12-28-2007, 07:12 AM
Thank you Sarah. I will wait till we see what the parents choose to do. Jonah doesn't even know he is sick. He tells them he is feeling fine, and thinks things are fine ,His leg hurts a little, but he plays with the others and now will not return to the hospital until they have decided which route to take. But yes I am sure they will need some encouragement and cards would be appreciated but just wait a bit.

keltie
12-28-2007, 07:14 AM
Thanks for fixing up and formatting my mess from last night.

toao
12-28-2007, 09:41 AM
How sad. I can't imagine what they must be going through. I will pray for them.

Mary

teabear
12-28-2007, 11:42 AM
That is such sad news Heather. I'm keeping them in my thoughts and prayers that they have the strength to face the days ahead.