PDA

View Full Version : 2 Days I Already Hate Vista

suzi_f
12-27-2007, 08:20 AM
DH got me a new computer for Christmas. It was SORELY needed. My old computer had turned into a Frankenstein computer. It was a laptop but had been turned into a icky desktop w/an old (BIG) monitor, keyboard, usb hub and the cd drive had crapped out. Dh wants to get it an external disk drive.

Anyway, the new computer is pretty cool. HUGE screen and everything works the way it's supposed to. It also has a high def dvd player, as if I woudl figure out why that was different. It came with Windows Vista. I had not heard a lot of complimentary things about Vista. I thouroghly enjoyed the Mac/PC commercials until I started having to live them. I hate that everything I do, the computer asks me if I really want to do it.

The worse thing about it is that it doesn't support the SBC Browser. I LOVE my SBC browser!! So, I have essentially lost all my favorites. I will have to go to the old computer & email myself w/all the websites. <sigh> I have also lost all my blog feeds. This is NOT vistas fault but, I'm gonna blame them anyway :P So now comes the hard job of recreating them all too. Good thing I still have a week & half of vacation!!

logcabincreations
12-27-2007, 09:06 AM
Suzi, I bet once you get some of your favorites stored on the new computer and spend a few days navigating, you will love it. I think there is a way to turn off that nagging voice that asks you everything....but I'm not sure how though.

loobylou
12-27-2007, 09:10 AM
Suzi
I don't have Vista, but isn't there a box you can tick that says "don't ask me again" ? It may be worth reading your manual just to get rid of that feature. I'm sure there will be some smart Shackie with the answer here soon

GrammaStamper
12-27-2007, 09:20 AM
My DH dislikes VISTA so much that he is going to have his new computer custom made, with Windows XP. He only needs the CPU, so that's not too bad. He's a desktop PC kinda guy all the way. I'm having a hard time convincing him to buy ME a laptop!

hutchink
12-27-2007, 09:38 AM
I have VISTA on my laptop too! I think I have gotten use to it! It does not make me so mad as it did! Give it time!

Nancy
12-27-2007, 09:41 AM
Mine is Vista also, has taken some time to get used to it, but I am gettin there. Barb, can't you just go out and buy a laptop?????- Nancy

My3Ds
12-27-2007, 09:42 AM
Our laptop has Vista. Our pc's do not. To be honest, I don't see anything different. (I'm sure there is though).

Jovi
12-27-2007, 11:30 AM
I have Vista on my laptop and now after using it for about 3 months I'm fairly comfortable with it.

midnitecreations
12-27-2007, 11:53 AM
My new laptop has a Vista. I didn't think I'd like it too, but I really do. All my new programs pop right up and I don't have to do anything. The old stuff isn't vista compatible, so I've left it all on the desktop. when I upgrade, I'll upgrade it to vista.

HeatherJ
12-27-2007, 12:13 PM
I figured I would have to get Vista too when I get my new laptop, there doesn't seem to be much choice now-adays. But hopefully we will both get used to it.

I am afraid of my Office Professional not working on it, but hopefullly that won't happen, yikes, I need that for work and can't afford the $ for the upgrade.

teabear
12-27-2007, 12:31 PM
My mom has vista on her computer and I hate it. It has way too many bugs for me.