PDA

View Full Version : Had another strange night with Ladybug again last night ...

iloveflipflops
12-27-2007, 01:52 PM
After everyone left, she was sleeping soundly in Emily's bed. She woke up around 11 pm and just started freaking out. Very dissoriented, looking all around, just very nervous acting. She acted like she wanted off the bed but was too afraid to jump off so Emily helped her off. She ran around in circles and wanted to come down the steps but Emily didn't think she could so Emily carried her downstairs (I am amazed she didn't fall!) and carried her in our bedroom. Once again, I laid down with her, calmed her down but she still would not put her head down ... she kept her head jerking from side to side the whole time while laying down. I let her go and she just went running through the house like she didn't know where she was ... I am now thinking its more serious, I do not think she smells something, I am going to keep an eye on her and take her into the vet if it continues. I have been online looking up strokes, alheimzer's, etc and even though she has some of the symptons, she does not have all of them so I dont' know what to think.

Poor Ladybug, something in my gut tells me its not good and i do not like this feeling ....

logcabincreations
12-27-2007, 02:23 PM
Sherri, could she have heard some noise outside...like thunder? I've read that certain noises can cause dogs to have anxiety attacks and they will try to escape.

hutchink
12-27-2007, 02:23 PM
I think you need to call the Vet...I hate to tell you Sherri..but our dog starting acting odd like this and we found out that she had a brain tumor.....she had a stoke and we had to put her down! We waited and thought it was nothing...we were so wrong....CALL THE VET!

logcabincreations
12-27-2007, 02:42 PM
And yes....to finish my post...call the vet like Kim says.

cindi
12-27-2007, 03:03 PM
keep us posted Sherri.
I'm sending up prayers for her..and you
:worried:

toao
12-27-2007, 03:20 PM
Oh Sherri, I do hope she's okay. It's stressful not only on the dog, but on the "mommy" as well. Take care.

Mary

GrammaStamper
12-27-2007, 03:55 PM
Sherri, have you had her vision checked. Perhaps she is blind. this would cause disorientation. I don't know how you would check, except to have everything quiet and then place something a few feet in front of her to see if she sees it.

workin4stamps
12-27-2007, 04:00 PM
hmmm...I wonder if Barb is on to something! Maybe she is having a hard time seeing at night. Maybe during the day she can see enough to not freak out, but at night when she realizes she can't see anything she gets scared.

She has only been doing this at night, right?

Traci

teabear
12-27-2007, 04:02 PM
Poor girl. I hope you figure it out soon. Maybe it is her vision, that sounds so much better than the other options. Our older dog is starting to do strange things, too, but not bad yet. Don't you just wish she could tell you.

My3Ds
12-27-2007, 06:26 PM
Poor Ladybug. :( I'd call the vet in the a.m. and get an appt for her. Sounds like it could be something serious. How old is Ms. Ladybug?

iloveflipflops
12-27-2007, 07:40 PM
Ladybug is 8 1/2 so not "that old" but I think dogs are considered senior citizens after they are 6, I read that somewhere.

It only happens at night ... DH thinks I am crazy to call the vet, he says what can they do anyway? I am going to see how she does tonight. then maybe call on Monday.

stampcrazyjulie
12-27-2007, 09:56 PM
Oh, No! I hope that it is nothing serious! It sounds alot like what happened to my Dog twice after I took her into be groomed. It was like she was having a stroke. It lasted about 15 minutes one time & 45 minutes another. The Vet said it was probably a stressed induced seizure. He told me to watch her & bring her back if it happened again....it hasn't happened again, but we have not taken her back in for a haircut for 9 months!

My Parents had an old Dog (he was 13 years old) that acted disoriented if we moved the furniture, they found out that he was loseing his eye sight & was getting a form of Doggy Dementia..... ( he lived another 5 years!)

Hopefully whatever is causing Ladybug to act the way she is can be diagnosed and taken care of quickly for you all!

My3Ds
12-27-2007, 09:59 PM
Monday is New Years Eve - may want to call tomorrow. As for what they can do - they can hopefully tell you what's going on with her. Is 8 old for her breed? I hope she's okay - poor Ladybug.

Christie
12-27-2007, 10:11 PM
I would call the vet too. I think it sounds serious. Please keep us posted.

spredbirds
12-27-2007, 10:23 PM
poor ladybug ... I hope she is ok.

ellie
12-27-2007, 11:41 PM
Oh Sherri, this is awful...I know you must be concerned and also exhausted from being up with her. I hope everything will be fine.

threefriends91
12-28-2007, 03:58 AM
Poor Ladybug, Sherri, maybe its time to call the vet for her. It must be so stressful for all of you. The sooner you can find out whats wrong the better chance you have with dealing with it.
It could be something that she just needs meds for it. in any case you all need to get some answers and rest. l'll pray for poor Ladybug...

iloveflipflops
12-28-2007, 05:42 AM
We had a "good" night last night. No episodes :)