PDA

View Full Version : Weight loss for the New Year

stampinmom3
12-29-2007, 09:14 AM
I know a week or so ago Kelly posted about weight loss. I would really like to lose some weight starting in the New Year. I'm just so tired and achy all the time. I know I need to lose weight. Anyhow- that being said how about we do a weekly weigh in here. I'm not saying tell us your weight-but if you want to participate we all know what we weigh to start with and then each week we can just post if we have lost or gained or whatever. I know I need the accountablility of something like this. WW was always good for that, but I'm not paying that every week and running to the next town. Anyone game for this idea? We need to pick a day that we decide to do this.. Now-I just need to go buy a new scale this weekend. I'm serious enough about this that I am actually spending my bday money on a scale. LOL

loobylou
12-29-2007, 09:23 AM
I'd like to join in. can I suggest that we all measure ourselves too- (not publish the figures, of course!!!).
There are some weeks when weight seems stable, but you can see a loss in inches and that is enough motivation to keep going. When I was going to Curves I saw the change in my measurements rather than in weight.
areas measured were
*arms- around bicep
* legs- around widest part of thigh
*bust
*waist
*hips
anyone else have any other ideas???

Spartymom
12-29-2007, 09:52 AM
I can't wait to get back to Curves. Being on vacation with the girls and DH is really hard on the excerising and eating right.

dreis1
12-29-2007, 10:00 AM
I am in. This is a must for me. It is either lose or the lapband surgery. I really don't want to go for another surgery. It would #23 for me, and no. If I could just lose a pound a week I would be very happy. When do we start? Glinda

mjbonoan
12-29-2007, 10:02 AM
I wish we had a Curves in our little town. The closest one is about 50 miles away and with the cost of gas that's just not cost effective in my SUV! I'm in desperate need to lose at least 100 pounds. If I don't I'm killing myself with the excess weight!

Darleneh710
12-29-2007, 10:08 AM
I am in, girls! I like the idea of "weighing in" each week. And the measurements are a great idea as well..since weight doesnt always come off as easily as we all would like it to:) Plus, any motivation is a positive thing. So, sign me up!

Nancy
12-29-2007, 11:37 AM
I, also, am and will be glad to get back to Curves, I really do feel better when I go there, plus going at the same time, I have met up with a great bunch of women. I need to lose weight - I need to lose weight, how many times do you have to say that to make it happen. I think I'll make signs and post them all over the house. Maybe put up some more mirrors. I must try I must try. - Nancy

Darleneh710
12-29-2007, 11:39 AM
I, also, am and will be glad to get back to Curves, I really do feel better when I go there, plus going at the same time, I have met up with a great bunch of women. I need to lose weight - I need to lose weight, how many times do you have to say that to make it happen. I think I'll make signs and post them all over the house. Maybe put up some more mirrors. I must try I must try. - Nancy

I like that your ideas, Nancy! Maybe I will do the same lol..I just need to stop the eating lol and then start walking

Vintagegal
12-30-2007, 09:55 AM
I'm in. Yeah!

scraphappy908
12-30-2007, 10:25 AM
Count me in as well. There's been too many fattening goodies around to tempt me.