PDA

View Full Version : Why is walking on a treadmill so boring?

suzi_f
12-30-2007, 12:57 PM
I can walk 2 miles easy with dh. But, on the treadmill, I'm bored silly after just 5 minutes. What's the deal? Actually, I get bored walking outside w/o dh too. Even ds who talks CONSTANTLY can't keep my interest.

I walked Fri morning for 25 minutes, that's all I could do. Today, I put a Gilmore Girls DVD in & thought I should be able to walk forever. I was so bored! Plus, I somehow "forgot" to put shoes on (can anyone explain that?). Do you know how hard it is to put on crocs while walking on a treadmill?

I think I should just be happy being fat & start hanging laundry on the treadmill now!

hbpuppy
12-30-2007, 01:07 PM
We have a treadmill. Yah, it's boring. We have a tv and dvd player in front of the treadmill. I put on earphones to hear it. It helps drown out the noisy treadmill. I watch movies with a lot of action. And, when there is music, I crank up the treadmill to go faster. Then, slow it down when the music is over. You can also add arm movements. My treadmill has some pole things I'm supposed to use but I don't like them. I do my own things with my hands. I only use the treadmill when the weather is too poopy to exercise outside. When you walk outside, try to always go somewhere different. It's much more fun.

tesschap
12-30-2007, 01:12 PM
... because it's hard to stamp and hold on at the same time :) Maybe we should start creating project videos for each other and view them while we are exercising ?!

Good luck with your walking!

Kreative Dryve
12-30-2007, 03:39 PM
I mix mine work-out up with the treadmill, the elipitical, and the stairclimber at the gym, makes it less boring. I really like the eliptical machine, works it all at the same time.
~Marie

GotCats?
12-30-2007, 07:49 PM
Gotta have the videos. I actually really like my treadmill. I also have a "wheel older" that hooks on to the back wheel of my bike to make it a stationary bike. For some reason I can run and not be bored no problem, but the stationary bike makes me CRAZY! I can only bike outside......

Yes, I agree--loud movies with lots of action are the best. Or football games! But I find it a bit hard to yell at the screen and run at the same time....

Erin K
12-30-2007, 09:32 PM
I want one.

I like being bored

cindi
12-30-2007, 09:46 PM
I want one.

I like being bored

only a mom of 2 young boys would love to be bored!!
:)

Swanie78
12-30-2007, 11:29 PM
I have the same problem. I could walk for miles (and have!) outside with someone. But put me on a treadmill and Im lucky if I can squeak out 10 minutes before Im ready to climb off.
I keep saying the day I lose weight is the day that I find a walking buddy who lives really close to me :)

paulssandy
03-24-2008, 04:12 PM
I want one.

I like being bored

Teeheheheehe.....

I like to read on the treadmill, when I use it :embarrassed: I can actully focus and remember things better when walking on the treadmill. Must be a oxygen to the brain thing :idea:

Sandy O

Christie
03-24-2008, 04:15 PM
We just got a treadmill a couple weeks ago. It is boring! I put the tv on loud and I will go from walking fast to running to walking to running, etc.... I also have some 5 lb. weights that i use also, that helps some.

My3Ds
03-24-2008, 05:05 PM
I wish we had a treadmill. If I could watch t.v. or read a book/magazine, I'd be okay. I am not a runner, but could walk forever (but, I don't). :)