PDA

View Full Version : Have you gone to the movie theater lately?

iloveflipflops
12-30-2007, 07:22 PM
Ours just jumped up in price from $6.00 to $7.50 a person. Our little movie theatre near me is just $4.00 a person. I like that much better. $7.50 seems like ALOT to me but maybe I am out of the loop ....

Firecracker
12-30-2007, 07:26 PM
Our Movie prices have gone up to $7.00. We usually goe to the early show so it is only $5.00. I think it is getting pricey to go to a show. Hugs, Heather

Nadine
12-30-2007, 07:32 PM
Last time I went it was $11 for an adult here. I can rent two movies for that price so that's usually what I do.

GrammaStamper
12-30-2007, 07:35 PM
Well, we pay $7.50 for a movie here, but I haven't been to a movie in so long. Maybe we could have a virtual movie night where say 4 of us go to the same movie, in our local theatre, then come back here and chat about it! Lordy, I need a girlfriend to go to the chickflicks with 'cause DH only likes Sci-Fi and I hate it.

Christie
12-30-2007, 07:36 PM
I think the big AMC theater is like $8.50 a person. I go to the one closer to me and if you hit it before 6 pm it's only $3.50 and after 6 it's $5.50

iloveflipflops
12-30-2007, 07:39 PM
$11 for 1 person in Canada? WOW!!!

stampinmom3
12-30-2007, 07:54 PM
We just went Friday night to the matinee. 2 adults and one child was 21.00 then 2 popcorn and 2 drinks were 20.00. Yikes, that must be some hybrid popcorn. lol

mydogstinks2
12-30-2007, 08:20 PM
we don't go to the movies any more! It costs way to much. We wait until it comes out on vidoe and then just buy the movie. Then we can watch it anytime and my brother borrows them too.

maxiesmom
12-30-2007, 09:21 PM
Well, we pay $7.50 for a movie here, but I haven't been to a movie in so long. Maybe we could have a virtual movie night where say 4 of us go to the same movie, in our local theatre, then come back here and chat about it! Lordy, I need a girlfriend to go to the chickflicks with 'cause DH only likes Sci-Fi and I hate it.

I LOVE this idea! My bff lives an hour away, the last movie we saw together was Nicole Kidman's The Others. I can go every so often with my mom or my SIL if I can drag her away from driving her kids around! My other SIL is a slug and never does anything. That may be a resolution of mine in '08, to get her to go out with me occasionally.
I'd be happy to have a virtual date with you, Barb!

workin4stamps
12-30-2007, 09:27 PM
That's cheap! We pay $10 per person to go here!

Traci

Jarie
12-30-2007, 09:57 PM
I went Christmas Day and saw The Great Debaters with Denzel Washington. It was a great movie. The first time I've been in about two years. The first time I've been since my husband died in May. Anyway, one of our movie theaters closed right after Thanksgiving. The matinee at the theater I went to was $6.50. The other theater in town matinee is $5. I didn't buy any popcorn or drink because I know that stuff is overpriced.

Janet

suzi_f
12-30-2007, 11:13 PM
I have no idea what a regular price ticket is 'cause we always go to a matinee. It's like $3.50 for the matinee. If you go on Tues, the ticket is $5 but you get free popcorn. DD wants to go see Nat'l Treasure. I think we're gonna go on New Year's Day.

My3Ds
12-31-2007, 01:45 AM
We went to see National Treasure tonight. Two adults and two kids was $31. That was admission only. No pc or drinks here - way too expensive.

loobylou
12-31-2007, 02:21 AM
to go to the movies in my town it costs USD$12.71 ($14.50 Aust) and we have a tight a$$ tuesday where it is USD$7.89 ($8.50 Aust), so you guys have it super good.
We go to the movies maybe 6 times a year and don't even get me started on the price of Popcorn and cooldrink!!!!

suzi_f
12-31-2007, 08:11 AM
Usually, it's just dd & I going 'cause there is lots of crap she (13 yo) wants to see & I'm the only one who will take her. Anyway, if we do the late afternoon show, it costs us $20 for 2 tickets, 2 sodas & a big (refillable) popcorn. Since the popcorn & soda is in lieu of dinner, I don't think it's too bad. Plus, I usually refill the popcorn on the way out & then dh will snack on it too. Can't let ds eat it, last 2 times he had movie theater popcorn, he threw up in the middle of the night. Weird. I guess it's the "butter". He says he must be lactose intollerant. I tried to explain there is nothing the slightles bit buttery in the butter but, he's 11. He either knows everything or doesn't care. :P

scraphappy908
12-31-2007, 08:18 AM
The only way we go is to the matinee. It's a little cheaper. We went on Saturday night... 2 adults and 2 student rate came to $18.00. Then one bucket of popcorn, two slushies and one regular soft drink came to $22.50. The popcorn was refillable for 25 cents and the soft drink refills were free. DH and I shared!

GSMom385
12-31-2007, 08:31 AM
I took the girls to Alvin and the Chipmunks on Christmas Day night and it was $37 for three of us and pop, popcorn, candy. Getting almost out of my price range, but we had to see Alvin. It was really good I would highly recommend it.

ChristyR
12-31-2007, 11:10 AM
me and Dh went last night before 6 and it was $15 for us both plus $7.50 for popcorn, candy and drink. I think after 6 it is $9 pp which is crazy and an expensive date I tell DH all the time that I would rather skip the movie and go to a nicer restaraunt. I don't see how these young kids take there girlfriends to dinner and a movie so much, well if mom and dad are paying i guess. They are just so outrageously priced that it ridiculous.

Anyhoo we went to see National Treasure 2 and it was great, we enjoyed the first one so we figured we would like this one too. I highly recommend it to be a family movie if your kiddos like that sort of movie. ENJOY :)

teabear
12-31-2007, 12:58 PM
Our tiny little local theater has matinees for $6 and they let you bring in any snacks or sodas you want. I love that. They also sell hot tea for $1.50.

We saw National Treasure-loved it and I am Legend-very dark.

logcabincreations
12-31-2007, 01:37 PM
It's over $8 at the mall movie theatre. We are lucky to have a theatre that's $1.50 (after the movies play at the theatre for a few weeks, then the $1 movie theatre shows them.) On Tuesdays all day it's only .50

suzi_f
12-31-2007, 02:33 PM
We used to have a $2 movie theater. Popcorn & soda was still too much but at least the tickets were cheap. Problem was, they only had one ladies b/r w/only 1 potty!!! Well, a few years ago, they raised the price to $4. I said I'm willing to stand in a potty line for a $2 movie but not for a $4 movie. I'll pay $5 at the multiplex that has multipotties!!

prdesigns
12-31-2007, 02:41 PM
We went to a matinee of Nat'l Treasure (it was good, but I realize that I have difficulty sitting still for two hours... I'm such a multi-tasker) so for the 4 of us, plus the refillable popcorn and soda it cost us......$44!!!! 28 for the movie and 16 for the big tub of popcorn and 2 soda's. I don't like movies like I used to when dh and I dated 19 years ago.