PDA

View Full Version : Official Thread for Demo Ideas - Shackapalooza

spredbirds
12-31-2007, 09:05 AM
OK ... so a bunch of topics has been thrown out so far for ideas of demos.

In this thread I am going to try to compile the list and make some sort of schedule.

Even if you already posted elsewhere, please post the following to this thread:

1. What Demonstration are you interested in seeing?
2. Would you be able to teach this Demo?
3. Is there something special that you think others would enjoy learning and would you teach that?
4. What days will you be at Shackapalooza?

May will be here before we know it!!!! Get excited!!!

Fief14
12-31-2007, 11:53 AM
I would like to learn how to tie a bow from ribbon! They never look nice to me when I make them, so I'd like to learn how other Shackies do them. (Of course, since I don't know how to do them, I am unable to teach it! LOL) I will be there Fri eve, Sat & Sun.

directmailscrapper
12-31-2007, 12:01 PM
Hi! I will be flying in on Friday and out on Sunday -- don't have my flight reservations so I don't know what times.

I could teach a class on coloring using BOTH markers (Prisma or Copics) AND Prisma pencils. Would anybody be interested in this?

I would like to learn more about all of the different inks out there -- like a class in Distress Inks or some of the other more unusual ones.

I would also like to get better at embossing. I feel embossing challenged. I use an embossing buddy and I still seem to get stray flecks all over the place -- or -- I have an area that doesn't pick up much powder. Anybody willing to teach me????

I am thinking about shipping a box of cut white card stock to someone who lives close enough to drive -- I have a ton and then no one would have to bring any. We could stamp our hearts out and waste it! Who lives nearby? I don't want to carry a box of cardstock on the plane!

Can't wait!!!!!!

Spartymom
12-31-2007, 12:14 PM
I'd be interested in bow tying too. Also, Nancy you can teach me how to color with the prisma pencils. I've embossed only once, so this would be fun to learn.

Nancy, I do think you should ship out the paper, Great idea. Maybe mydog chris would be a good person for this. I live 2 hours away, so shipping to me would'nt be a problem either.

directmailscrapper
12-31-2007, 12:17 PM
I just read the ShoeBox Swap info -- I think the Marker/Coloring would fit into that idea. I was trying to figure out how to have enough Copics for everyone to use -- if I did the ShoeBox -- I only need enough for one person at a time!

mydogstinks2
12-31-2007, 02:20 PM
I am thinking about shipping a box of cut white card stock to someone who lives close enough to drive -- I have a ton and then no one would have to bring any. We could stamp our hearts out and waste it! Who lives nearby? I don't want to carry a box of cardstock on the plane!

You can ship it to me if you would like to.

kimmyqtgirl
01-02-2008, 09:51 PM
I am driving too if anyone needs to ship anything here! I have no problem bringing extra stuff. I have a wishblade I could bring if anyone is interested.

workin4stamps
01-02-2008, 09:59 PM
I will also be driving if anyone needs me to haul anything.

I will probably be using most of my time at Shackapalooza to work on some personal projects. I hardly ever get to have stamping time just for "me", so that's what I'm planning on doing. I hope that's okay with everyone!!

:-)
Traci

maxiesmom
01-02-2008, 10:15 PM
Also driving in and willing to bring stuff for my peeps. I'm planning on bringing my Bug and folders and any dies I have accumulated by then, including my slowly growing stash of Nestabilities.

loobylou
01-02-2008, 11:52 PM
ooh I sooo wish i was coming. I'd love an in person prismacolour pencil lesson from nancy

Robinkay
01-03-2008, 10:14 AM
I live by too! ;+) And I won't be staying like Chris BUT if she forgets anything I can bring it from home or just run and get it. We don't really live that far from Potawatomi Inn.