PDA

View Full Version : PC Gourmet ? Pg 14

GrammaStamper
11-30-2006, 09:27 AM
In the recipe for Vanilla Chex Mix, it calls for 1 pkg vanilla-flavoured candy coading. What is this, who makes it? I don't think we have this in Canada, but won't know until someone answers my question.

Thanks for any help. :confused:

iloveflipflops
11-30-2006, 09:41 AM
It sounds to me like instead of chocolate chips, maybe vanilla chips? I think I have seen them here like that. But i am not positive that is what it is.

GrammaStamper
11-30-2006, 09:46 AM
Thanks, Sherri. I located a picture on the web (I'm a visual person) and you're right. They are little chips of white stuff. At least now I know what I'm looking for.

BTW, this was going to be for DH, I showed it to him and it's not what he wants. Geez, he's picky today!!

inkinupstamps
11-30-2006, 09:46 AM
I'll be over in a bit to try this after you've finished making it! It looks REALLY YUMMY!:nod:

I think what this is calling for is the candy coating that you melt to make candy or dip cookies and candy in. There is chocolate, dark chocolate, vanilla. Sometimes you'll see it in the baking section of the grocery store near the chocolate and butterscotch chips, though our grocery store doesn't carry it.

You can find it at Michael's in the candy making section. I think even Walmart stocks it.

Jadyeebugsaunt
11-30-2006, 09:47 AM
I just looked in the PC Gourmet and I too like Sherri think is the vannile chips like the Chocalate ones.

Nancy
11-30-2006, 10:11 AM
Isn't this in the Rice Chex (cereal aisle) seems to be I saw a box there, called Vanilla Chex. Sorry if I am wrong, but this inquiring mind wants to know also. Nancy