PDA

View Full Version : Erin -- What happened to Sassy

suzi_f
12-31-2007, 09:09 PM
I saw on another post that you had to Sassy is gone. What happened to her?

iloveflipflops
01-01-2008, 12:24 AM
I wanna know what happened to Sassy too. Which cat is Sassy?

suzi_f
01-01-2008, 12:35 AM
I thought Sassy was the peeing cat that got evicted earlier. Wonder if there is any news on her family blog. I wonder if I have her familly blog addy somewhere around here!

My3Ds
01-01-2008, 01:19 AM
I thought she was adopting her out? Not sure though

GotCats?
01-01-2008, 09:19 AM
Awwww, Sassy gone somewhere? Yes, I remember Sasy was the peeing cat. I think she has all black cats (like me)... so it might be hard to tell which is which.

Erin K
01-01-2008, 12:02 PM
Ok, thanks guys I forgot to tell you!

Sassy was our peeing cat, then we found out that Stephen is BAD allergic to cats too, so she and Charlotte moved outside. It was a tough decision because I'm generally one to think cats need to be inside, especially as they are declawed. But I love my son and also they kept peeing! So outside they went.

Charlotte was seriously fat. But after moving out she is totally healthy weight! She did get one injury, we are not sure what caused it. But she rarely leaves the yard so we saw right away and took her on a Sunday to the Animal ER and got her fixed up (cha ching!) She loves being outside.

Sassy though was bummed. She liked GOING outside but was always begging to come back in. She spent most days following me in windows and meowing at me. Very sad.

My friend Jan lost her kitty about a year ago. After a while they decided they did want another kitty. They did not want a kitten though. So I mentioned Sassy and Jan was thrilled. They were in the middle of home renovations so we had to wait. On Dec 26th we took Sassy over to Jan's house!

Stephen had a super crazy meltdown when we left Sassy. He cried for almost an hour, like nothing I've ever seen. He was completely shattered. I regretted doing it. Seriously I know it sounds funny, but I saw my son suffer his first real loss. He seemed older after that. We talked about it for a while and he finally settled down. The next morning when we were feeding Char and this sorta stray that we feed "Kitty" he asked where Sassy was. I reminded him that she lives at the other house with Jan now. He said, "And we can visit her" and I said of course we can. He's been fine sense then!

Jan and her husband are in love with Sassy! She hasn't peed on anything of theirs (thank heavens because they have all really nice expensive stuff!) she sleeps in their bed. They have a home based business and when Jan is on the computer Sassy sits in her lap with her paws on the desk. (Adorable! she never did that with me) She follows Jan most everywhere and purrs tons.

So I'm very happy with that outcome. Charlotts is sleeping on the back patio right now. She is happy and fine too.

cindi
01-01-2008, 12:06 PM
I love a happy ending!!!
sorry Stephen had a hard time, but it's good for sassy and her new owners.
thansk Erin for letting us know
:)

suzi_f
01-01-2008, 12:08 PM
I'm glad it was a happy "leaving" for Sassy. I was afraid! Jack is too fat too. The vet put him on a diet. He only eats twice a day now, 1/4 each feeding. Anytime anyone walks into the laundry room, he acts like he's DYING!! Any other time, he's fine!

Erin K
01-01-2008, 12:11 PM
I'm glad it was a happy "leaving" for Sassy. I was afraid! Jack is too fat too. The vet put him on a diet. He only eats twice a day now, 1/4 each feeding. Anytime anyone walks into the laundry room, he acts like he's DYING!! Any other time, he's fine!

Sassy was overweight and we had to put her on a diet too. She did lose the weight on the diet. Char never did until she went out. We assume she gets some sort of exercise out there, we never see it though. You can only do your best. :)