PDA

View Full Version : Look great in 2008 - sign in here !!!

iloveflipflops
01-01-2008, 06:36 AM
Ok, all you gals wanting to eat healthier, look great in 2008.

Let's start here by signing in and saying who is going to do this challenge.

Today is Day 1 of the new year.

I am signing up. I just had my bowl of 3 point oatmeal and a 1/2 cup milk = 4 points for breakfast.

I am doing WW and hope to walk more!!!!

We can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

loobylou
01-01-2008, 06:57 AM
I'm going to follow my Easy-slim plan that I was so successful on 13 years ago. Helped me to lose 20 kilos with their eating plan and walking. I like it cos it asks me to eat MORE than I already eat, just healthier. I know I can do it.

I'm in

suzi_f
01-01-2008, 07:53 AM
I'm (eventaually) going to walk 2 miles every other day & stop eating after 7pm. Once I've acheived that, I'll work on all the othe rhours in the day!

ccstampin12
01-01-2008, 08:16 AM
I'll still be trying to reach my elusive goals with the weight loss albatross!
I have to say, that since I joined Curves and switched to a low-carb eating plan, I have lost several inches and 10#....since the end of Sept!!!
So, that's progress, huh!!!
I also am buying sizes that don't have the "W" at the end of the size....like 16W....now I am buying size 16 or 14 or size XL or L.
Joanie

HeatherJ
01-01-2008, 08:19 AM
My goal is to lose 10 lbs before March break when we go to Texas. I am starting today. 1 pc of whole wheat toast for breakky

threefriends91
01-01-2008, 08:53 AM
l know l've put some pounds on over Christmas LOL.. So l'm in. l want to lose another 10 pounds. Its lots of water, NO more junk food, and l want to start walking again.

stampinmom3
01-01-2008, 09:39 AM
I'm in. I really need to loose 100 lbs to be that "ideal doctor weight", but I'd be excited and thrilled for 50 or 60. I'm gonna start with 10 lbs goals. Gotta go get a scale this week though.

logcabincreations
01-01-2008, 10:51 AM
I want to look great in 2008 -- I'm in!! I'm doing housework today and will work those abs...work those abs.....bend and lift....bend and lift. I resolve to get healthy in 2008...cut back on all sugar (including what went into my cup of coffee this morning), scale back the portions, stay away from fast food (unless it is pizza....just 2 small slices), and exercise a little bit each day (I'm really bad about this.)

Just think of how all those stars on Dancing with the Stars lost all their weight....they never stopped moving!

So lets dance in 2008! I will dance while cleaning my house today!

My3Ds
01-01-2008, 10:58 AM
I'm on board. (and as wide as a board) hee hee

IMBlessed5
01-01-2008, 11:04 AM
I REALLY wanted a treadmill for Christmas because I am so out of shape! I don't really care about the weight thing but I do think a few pounds would come off if I started walking every day. I just hate getting winded just walking up the stairs! :( LOL

laos348
01-01-2008, 12:29 PM
I did a little over an hour at the gym today so I'm starting off the year right. I've been adding more weight lifting to mix up the cardio and yoga once a week. Now to just get my eating where I want it to be.....

Laura

Kreative Dryve
01-01-2008, 01:24 PM
I plan on losing another 16 lbs this year. I need to look great for my 20 year High School reunion. ~Marie

cindi
01-01-2008, 01:27 PM
here we go!! sign me up!!!
I sooo need this!
:)

hutchink
01-01-2008, 01:40 PM
I'm in...that is one of my goals is to get healthy and lose this weight!

Vintagegal
01-01-2008, 01:48 PM
I'm in! I have placed a ticker under my siggy so I'm sorta accountable to the world! LOL! I'm following the South Beach/Atkins diet. Low carb...not "NO CARB!" :D

This morning, DH and both had salmon scrambles for breakfast. I added fresh chives and 1/8 c of shredded cheddar. Equals to 8g of carbs. Yum! Also, some decaf tea. I'm cutting out soda from my diet, permanently.

For lunch, we are both having two cups of spinach and lettuce, some shrimp, parmesan cheese and balsamic dressing. I believe this will equal to 8g of carbs also.

Tonight, it'll be a lean grilled steak and steamed broccolli.

We are both starting food diaries also; and we are only going to weigh ourselves once a week. We will guage our weight loss by how our clothes feel and also, by our energy level. Also, we plan to hit the gym four time per week.

Desert Stamper
01-01-2008, 02:00 PM
I'm with you all! As soon as I finish physical therapy in a couple weeks, I'm going back to Curves. My problem is that all exercise bores me to tears, but Curves is better than some. Once I get back into the Curves routine, then I'll add the next step: giving up the sweets. One step at a time for a healthier happier new year!

irishchristine
01-01-2008, 03:13 PM
I am going on vacation so when I get back I am going to try the power 90! or slim in 6 from Beachbody.com!!

iloveflipflops
01-01-2008, 03:32 PM
We will all be "skinny minnies" before we know it!! I can just feel it!!!! LOL

Actually I think what i am feeling at the moment is aches and pains. I spent like 4 hours nonstop putting away all the Christmas decorations. Lugging them and down the basement steps while DH watches the UVA football game. We have 1 tree down, 1 tree to go. All of my snowmen are even put away except for 2 ... so i am sore from all that work!!!

Firecracker
01-01-2008, 03:46 PM
I'm on board too. I will continue to do my healthy living with my dietician and doctor. I need to exercise more. My first goal is to loose 7 pounds by the end of January. After that, I will have my next goal. Hugs, Heather

Christie
01-01-2008, 07:20 PM
well i'm going to start working out 3 days a week. I've boughten myself two Firm vidoes so we will see how it goes.

Swanie78
01-01-2008, 07:34 PM
Ok, all you gals wanting to eat healthier, look great in 2008.

Let's start here by signing in and saying who is going to do this challenge.

Today is Day 1 of the new year.

I am signing up. I just had my bowl of 3 point oatmeal and a 1/2 cup milk = 4 points for breakfast.

I am doing WW and hope to walk more!!!!

We can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im in for this, but not until next week after my dad leaves ;)
I was hoping to do South Beach, but I dont know if Ill be able to afford to buy groceries like that. Ill be eating healthier/less though and Im going to put a exercise plan together so that Im doing something at least 5 days a week (working out at our complex gym on my days off, weights/sit ups on work days)

countrycowgirl
01-01-2008, 08:34 PM
I am joining in! My goal is to exercise 4 times a week and to eat a balanced meal 3 times a day.

TiikkiStars
01-02-2008, 12:19 AM
I'm in!!

Before the end of the year, I commited to going back to South Beach as of Monday the 7th, so that's my start date...firm. I lost 42 pounds last year and want to continue the downward trend. I have at least 80 to go, so I'm not naming a target number since I tend to self sabotage when I put too much pressure on myself. Just working towards being healthier this last year has been what has worked for me. But, like Ethel, I'm low carbing it, not no carbs.

:> Karen

mdcash
01-02-2008, 12:29 AM
I'm in. I did South Beach before and lost 30+ pounds. I have gained most of it back and we are going back to Mexico for Thanksgiving 2008 and I want to loose the weight before then so I think I will join South Beach online and hope for the best. I don't have a scale and not sure I want to get on one anyway! I just want to have more energy and fit back into my size 10/12 jeans.

Dibby
01-02-2008, 02:11 AM
Count us in. Jess DD & I started in october & have lost 8 kg so we shall continue to be good girls....most of the time!

spredbirds
01-02-2008, 07:25 AM
I'm in .... we just joined a great new health club here in town ... that should help. Just need to stay motivated to go. I have lost 2 pounds since Christmas by starting that.

scraphappy908
01-02-2008, 09:42 AM
I'm in! My goal is to lose at least 30 pounds and walk daily. I hope to get my daily walks up to 5 miles a day by the end of March. I plan on walking in the 3-day breast cancer walk in August. After my cancer scare this past fall, I am so thankful to the Lord for watching over me! There's nothing like a serious health threat to put things into perspective.

Darleneh710
01-02-2008, 01:03 PM
I am definitely in as well! I keep pushing it off and I seem to be a day late..as I did go online at all yesterday..but I am here!!! lol.

My plan is to eat better and try to not eat after 7pm or supper time which tends to be about that time as well....And I am also planning on (hopefully) joining the gym here at work. It is very convenient for me to do that...or so I am hoping anyways. I am hoping to get down 10-15 lbs...One of the things that I would love to avoid is running out of breath while running or just going up the stairs. I hate that! I am really just hoping to keep active. I am planning on (finally, as mom puts it) going back to line dancing..there is a place near me that is starting on Sunday and I just need to register. It has been sooooooooo long since I have done that, I am so afraid of being out of breath and everything. But I need to start the new year off positive and that is a good way to do it.

Trying to eat healthy today with oatmeal for breakfast..yum!
Good luck everyone!