PDA

View Full Version : Are you sending Joe a card?

Erin K
11-30-2006, 11:52 AM
Lori's husband Joe? I am for Christmas I mean. Lori was the first name on my "Cards received 2005" list. I had to take a moment to decide if I thought it would be nice to send one or if it would upset him. I figured though that he knows what a big thing her cardmaking was and it's not like he's trying to forget her so something that makes him remember her and how much I loved her would be good right?

:confused:

inkinupstamps
11-30-2006, 11:54 AM
This has to be so difficult for Joe and the kids. A year ago just about now they were on their wonderful trip to NYC! The Christmas season holds so many memories.

They have been in my thoughts so much as well as remembering Lori. I most definitely will be sending a card.

craft a latte
11-30-2006, 12:20 PM
Oh, I still miss Lori. I remember her excitement about her trip to NY.
I still can't believe she's gone. She lived so close to me I wish I could have met her in person. I think her when I look at this candle holder.

http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/pg.asp?cmd=display&layout_id=768463

teabear
11-30-2006, 12:21 PM
I will join you. I think it will be nice for him to know we are remembering her, too.

emmcee
11-30-2006, 12:28 PM
I'm planning to send Joe a card. The Christmas card I received from her last year was my first Christmas card I received. And the family had such a grand time on their NYC trip over Christmas.

Far North
11-30-2006, 12:59 PM
For months before Christmas Lori was getting excited and sharing her energy.
I remember being shock when it wasn't even fall yet and she was posting her stocking swap--but I signed on because of her enthusiasm. And remember how she made so many kinds of cards-each on with a different twist and exuberantly sharing each one. She made oh-so many for all of us! She was excited about her folded garland chain swap and wanted to use them to decorate. And then there was the big extended family gathering she hosted. She decided she wanted to share her papercraft making with all the ladies and she agonized to make everything fun for them. And indeed she reported of the great time they had together. I dearly hope that each of them do hold on to the very dear memories and the fun moments they shared.
She certainly added a lot of sparkle to my life.

Thank you Erin, I will join you in sending a note to Joe and the family.
...Jan

iloveflipflops
11-30-2006, 01:26 PM
Absolutely I will send Joe a card. I need to find his address. I am sure I have it somewhere just not sure where. Does everyone else have it?

stampcrazyjulie
11-30-2006, 01:46 PM
Great idea! I too will send one...I was just cleaning out my Bathroom Drawer, and came across a copy of her obituary just yesterday. I think Joe will enjoy getting some cards from us all! In Vegas he had a binder full of her e-mail correspondence & postings on the PCMB that he said he loved to read when he was missing her the most.

emmcee
11-30-2006, 02:22 PM
I have Joe's address at home and can give it to y'all when I get home tonight if anyone needs the address. :wub:

Erin K
11-30-2006, 04:42 PM
It's the same address right? Has he moved? I only have the old one...

stampcrazyjulie
11-30-2006, 05:30 PM
I bet it still is the same one in Corona, right? I don't see Joe ever moving....

toao
11-30-2006, 06:05 PM
I did send him a card. It went out the same time that I sent my other cards out to my card making friends.

I think of Lori often and want her family to know that we haven't forgotten her.

Mary