PDA

View Full Version : Poll: How would you feel if your Christmas card came back to you as something new??

Christie
01-02-2008, 06:00 PM
I was wanting to make something out of the christmas cards that I got. I thought it would be nice to make a little something for each person that sent me a card using the card they sent. Tell me how you feel about having your creation cut up? Mind you, it WILL be made into something and not just thrown aside. Let me know what you think!

loobylou
01-02-2008, 06:06 PM
I think it's a great idea.

IMBlessed5
01-02-2008, 06:12 PM
You are so creative! Go for it!

GrammaStamper
01-02-2008, 06:12 PM
Recycling is great! The cards could just go round and round until we run out of ideas, as if that could ever happen with all the creativity around here!

Firecracker
01-02-2008, 06:44 PM
Christie, if you do this please post them in the gallery for all of us to see. I think that is an awesome idea. Hugs, Heather

Paula Carden
01-02-2008, 06:45 PM
Very smart-Wonderful idea-is it to late for me to send you a card?

scrappinnuts
01-02-2008, 07:05 PM
What a wonderful Idea...

JBgreendawn
01-02-2008, 07:07 PM
well, just so you all know this...

99% of all the hand made cards i ever receive, eventually i cut the front off, put it on a new card base, add an new envelope to it and donate to the ladies collecting cards for the troops...
( I almost have a flat rate box full again )
I was told a long time ago that when you get something its a gift and you can do what you want with it... ( so since i really don't want my house to end up looking like that pack rat ladies thread) this is what i do.

hth,

cindi
01-02-2008, 07:24 PM
but I'm veery curious what you are making..and I hope I sent you a great card..it would stink to hate my card reinvented!!
lol
:eek:

ellie
01-02-2008, 08:37 PM
I think that is wonderful! Feel free to do whatever you like.

emmcee
01-02-2008, 08:59 PM
Cool idea. I don't know if I was able to send a Christmas card to you or not, but I do want to see what you create if you are able to post.

Christie
01-02-2008, 09:26 PM
OH yeah! I'm so glad you all feel this way! I'm going to come up with something and I'll be sure to post them in the gallery!!!

Nancy
01-02-2008, 09:27 PM
Exceptional cards I never touch, but other cards you can do with as you want. Perhaps a year ago, one of the girls, some know her, posted our cards we sent to her on E Bay and was selling them. Now that was more than just pushing the button. - Nancy

Christie
01-02-2008, 09:27 PM
Very smart-Wonderful idea-is it to late for me to send you a card?

You can always send me a card!!!!!!!

webzmacs
01-02-2008, 09:56 PM
Great idea!!!

Far North
01-02-2008, 10:30 PM
Funny you should ask this question cause last year I gave a lot of thought about cutting mine and putting the images together in a paper "quilt-like" effect to enjoy year after year. I too had the concern if the makers would be offend if I did something different with them...and never got to it. So I am glad your asking and I say go for it!

I am real curious---are you thinking of redoing them somehow for next year or are you going to try to make them generic enough for a general card...I would think the later would be challenging unless you made a mosaic or something...hmmm...this could be a contest!--Guess what Christie is making!

patg
01-03-2008, 02:36 AM
What an awesome idea! I would love to see your recreations! Pat

threefriends91
01-03-2008, 02:50 AM
What a great idea, l agree bring the cards back to life, it would be cute to see a before picture and an after picture.. You go girl.

scrapsoon
01-03-2008, 06:08 AM
Yes indeed i like to see the cards also when your finished.
I think you'll do a great job on it.

logcabincreations
01-03-2008, 08:55 AM
I'm cool with it.

toao
01-03-2008, 10:18 AM
well, just so you all know this...

99% of all the hand made cards i ever receive, eventually i cut the front off, put it on a new card base, add an new envelope to it and donate to the ladies collecting cards for the troops...
( I almost have a flat rate box full again )
I was told a long time ago that when you get something its a gift and you can do what you want with it... ( so since i really don't want my house to end up looking like that pack rat ladies thread) this is what i do.

hth,

What a wonderful idea! Another great recycling idea.

Mary

Christie
01-03-2008, 11:18 AM
Funny you should ask this question cause last year I gave a lot of thought about cutting mine and putting the images together in a paper "quilt-like" effect to enjoy year after year. I too had the concern if the makers would be offend if I did something different with them...and never got to it. So I am glad your asking and I say go for it!

I am real curious---are you thinking of redoing them somehow for next year or are you going to try to make them generic enough for a general card...I would think the later would be challenging unless you made a mosaic or something...hmmm...this could be a contest!--Guess what Christie is making!

LOL!!! I think your idea is good one too!! You could always do it with this years cards!

I promise to let you all know what I come up with.

moon_beam23
01-21-2008, 11:05 AM
Great idea Christie!