PDA

View Full Version : Who knows about wine? Cooking question

maxiesmom
01-02-2008, 07:50 PM
I have 19 bottles of wine, all are white, a couple rose and a couple sparkling. Dang, I thought for sure I had a few reds. I need a cup of dry red for a recipe for tomorrows dinner. Can any white be sort of interchanged? I am too lazy and cheap to go out into the cold to get a bottle just to cook with, especially when my wine rack is almost full!

HELP!

cindi
01-02-2008, 07:56 PM
instead, I wouldn't use the sparkling stuff though. If it calls for a dry red, just use a dry white.
hmm..whatcha makin??
:)

loobylou
01-02-2008, 08:07 PM
yes you can use a dry white, just will be a lighter taste, more of a "french" taste- if that makes sense.

maxiesmom
01-02-2008, 09:01 PM
Thanks ladies! We are trying a stew recipe out of a cookbook I treated myself to a couple weeks before Christmas.

Fief14
01-02-2008, 09:05 PM
Sounds good. If it turns out to be something you would make again, please share the recipe. I'm always looking to try new recipes & stews are one of DH's favorites!

scrappinnuts
01-02-2008, 11:36 PM
Oh You need to post your recipe... the more complicated the recipe the better off I am... I love to cook..e.specially with wine...especially if I can taste when I am cooking...LOL...please share the recpie.