PDA

View Full Version : I'm fr-fr-freeeezing!

toao
01-03-2008, 05:11 PM
I'm a true Floridian, so when it drops below 70, I'm cold. This morning it was 15 degrees and so far it has only warmed up to 43. I know, I know, you Northerners are probably laughing at me while you're looking out your window at 19" of powdery snow drifts. I could not handle living in snow. I have my fuzzy winter socks and boots on, a sweater and a jacket, and I'm INSIDE.

Mmmmary

Christie
01-03-2008, 05:12 PM
We are having cold weather here too. Our high was only 45 today. That's cold for Texas!!!! Our lows last night were 29! I'm sending you warm thoughts from my cold brain! LOL!

Swanie78
01-03-2008, 05:13 PM
LOL!
Well Im originally a midwesterner, but I tell you what, after 7 years in WA when it gets below 50* Im a shiverin' too!
I sleep with flannel sheets, a down comforter, and a quilt on my bed year round. The only thing I change thru the season are my pj's from shorts/tank tops to flannel tops/pants....lol
Im a wimp now too! ;)
You need to go to Costco and buy some of those instant heat packets. You activate them and stick them in your pockets to warm your hands...lol

toao
01-03-2008, 05:17 PM
We are having cold weather here too. Our high was only 45 today. That's cold for Texas!!!! Our lows last night were 29! I'm sending you warm thoughts from my cold brain! LOL!

That made me laugh.

mary

toao
01-03-2008, 05:18 PM
LOL!
Well Im originally a midwesterner, but I tell you what, after 7 years in WA when it gets below 50* Im a shiverin' too!
I sleep with flannel sheets, a down comforter, and a quilt on my bed year round. The only thing I change thru the season are my pj's from shorts/tank tops to flannel tops/pants....lol
Im a wimp now too! ;)
You need to go to Costco and buy some of those instant heat packets. You activate them and stick them in your pockets to warm your hands...lol

I would look like the stay-puff marshmallow man though. I would have them stuffed in my pants, my bra, etc.... hehe

Mary

teabear
01-03-2008, 05:54 PM
I thought about you Mary when I saw the weather this morning. Such a strange cold storm for FL. Lots of hot tea or hot chocolate helps too.

tesschap
01-03-2008, 05:58 PM
Well - it's currently 8 degrees here right now. I can't wait (well actually I can) to see how cold it will be tonight!

Stay warm fellow Shackies!

ctinyjoy
01-03-2008, 06:02 PM
Mary...did you see snow flurries? We had them over here on the east coast today. It was bizarre to see snow coming off the ocean! The ground was too warm for it to stick and accumulate so no snowball making for the boys. One more day of cold then the weekend should be better.

shuggy
01-03-2008, 06:05 PM
too funny. today it was about 38 and i thought it was warm!! it's been in the low teens lately!!

Jarie
01-03-2008, 08:52 PM
It was cold here in Montgomery today and yesterday also. We haven't really had temperatures like this since 2005. It's cold enough to have Sherri's hot chocolate. It is suppose to warn back up this weekend - 50's and 60's. This is how people get sick because the temperatures swing like a pendulum.

Janet

pesc
01-03-2008, 09:01 PM
LOL, OK, I'm laughing right... here it's - 10 F today... without the wind factor ... Don't come visit me during the winter you will froze up! lol
But hey, I prefere that then 80 F so I guess I was made to live here! :)

cindi
01-03-2008, 10:04 PM
you cam come visit me
it's a balmy -13 degrees..not including the wind chill...c'mon and bring your bathing suit..and long johns!!
lol
:)

Vintagegal
01-03-2008, 10:28 PM
Cheri, We read that there was snow flurries / snow in the Daytona Beach area. That's crazy!!! Hope it warms up for you gals again! Where was the cool weather last week when I was there? It was a blazin' 89 degrees on a couple of days, and mostly in the low-80's last week! Not that I minded the warmer weather......just not near-90-degree weather.

loobylou
01-04-2008, 12:04 AM
Hey Mary, I've come to share my sunshine with you. we have a sunny high 90's day today. Now if I can just work out to attach it to a pm I'll send you some sun.
I'm off to swim in the pool....

stampinmom3
01-04-2008, 05:06 AM
Well, it is 14 degrees here this morning. Odd thing-this weekend it is supposed to be in the 50's. I just think that is so wierd.