PDA

View Full Version : Please say a prayer for me

stampinmom3
01-04-2008, 05:13 AM
If you all remember I came down with Bell's Palsy on Halloween night. I woke up the next morning and the left side of my face was paralyzed. I am not seeing much improvement at all. I went to the eye doctor yesterday and he said my eye looks good. I have to constantly put drops in it and keep it sealed at night because it doesn't close the whole way and there is no blinking. He said I don't need to go back till March for a followup there. I go to the neuro for a followup on Monday. Before this all started my tongue was sore on the left side. This morning I woke up and my tongue is sore on the right side, so of course I'm paranoid that the right side will become paralyzed too. I just had a very very bad day yesterday. I cried the whole way to work from the doctor. Had two crying jags at work and just had a crappy day. The girls at work told me that I have been such a trooper through this all, but yesterday was just a bad day in general. DH has been sick all week, my mom is very sick with the craziest sounding cough I've ever heard, and now DH spent most of the night with my Dad in the ER because he has been having such severe nose bleeds. I try not to be a downer too much but girls I could use a good shot of prayers right now. I told my hubby that it may sound vain, but I just want to be able to smile again. I'm a bubbly happy person most of the time, and it is very hard to only be able to smile with half a face. I know it could be worse, but I'm just bummed right now. Thanks for listening.

MyRnAbS
01-04-2008, 05:50 AM
Prayers going your way immediately!!

Paula Carden
01-04-2008, 06:30 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you-wishing for all of you to have a speedy recovery!

jazzypurple853
01-04-2008, 06:36 AM
my prayers and thoughts are with you.

loobylou
01-04-2008, 07:00 AM
Sending a (((hug))) to you Kim, and hoping and praying you will be feeling better soon. You've got a lot on your plate right now. I'm adding prayers for all your family too.
Chin up.

Vintagegal
01-04-2008, 07:04 AM
Kim, I will definitely keep you in my prayers.

GrammaStamper
01-04-2008, 07:06 AM
Oh, Kim, I'm sending big hugs your way and prayers for a speedy recovery. You are allowed to have down days for sure, if we didn't, we'd explode. Hang in there, sweetie.

Nancy
01-04-2008, 08:01 AM
Sending a hug and a big prayer for this to subside. - Nancy

Sherry
01-04-2008, 08:04 AM
Oh Kim, it doesn't sound the least bit vain to want to smile again. I'm sending hugs and prayers your way.

ccstampin12
01-04-2008, 08:10 AM
KIM!
We all know you're smiling on the inside even if your face isn't working quite right!
I am hoping and praying this malady will just go away one of these days!
{HUGS}
Joanie

tesschap
01-04-2008, 08:13 AM
Sending hugs and prayers your way. Both my step-father and DH's sister had bouts with Bells Palsy several years ago so I can understand how hard it is for you. I hope you can smile again soon.

HUGS,

teabear
01-04-2008, 08:28 AM
We all need to let it go sometimes. It isn't healthy to leave it all bottled up inside. I do hope that your body mends soon so you can share your pretty smile. Sending hugs and prayers.

threefriends91
01-04-2008, 09:14 AM
Oh, Kim! Your sure have a lot to deal with, and l'm sure it must be tough. Sometimes a good cry helps, we are here for you. l'll pray for you and your family.. Bug Hugs..

cindi
01-04-2008, 09:33 AM
poor girl..you are being overwhelmed! big (((hugs))) I will certainly keep you & your family in my prayers. I hope you will be smiling on the outside, soon
:)

logcabincreations
01-04-2008, 10:16 AM
Sending prayers up now. Big hugs and happy thoughts of you today too.

directmailscrapper
01-04-2008, 03:39 PM
Oh Kim, I am so sorry that you are going through all of this. You are not a complainer -- I had forgotten about your episode of Bells Palsy on Halloween.

Should you get a second opinion? That might make you feel better. I'm sure the stress of family members isn't helping you at all. Don't forget to take care of YOURSELF as well as those around you -- you strike me as a true caretaker. You need to let someone take care of you, too.

You'll be in my prayers,

Nancy

Tantalize
01-04-2008, 03:40 PM
Many hugs and prayers are being sent your way, Kim! <3

Firecracker
01-04-2008, 04:19 PM
I'm sending you hugs and prayers. Hugs, Heather

hbpuppy
01-04-2008, 04:57 PM
I hope that you feel better soon.

Patty
01-04-2008, 05:10 PM
my hugs and prayers are with you--God Bless--Hope you're better soon

scrappinnuts
01-04-2008, 05:17 PM
I am sending you big hugs (((((())))))))) and lots of prayers. Keep your postive outlook going that's always the best medicine.

stampinmom3
01-04-2008, 06:37 PM
Thanks girls for all the kinds thoughts and prayers. It helps so much. My Dad is still feeling pretty bad today. He has an appt at the ENT on Monday to get the plugs removed from his sinuses/nose. Ugh. Poor guy. I feel better about life today on my end though. thanks so much. Keep praying and believing that I'll wake up one day and be healed!

pesc
01-04-2008, 11:39 PM
That was a lot at the same time! Don't give up hope. and I'm praying for you all.

Swanie78
01-05-2008, 06:41 AM
Sending you lots and lots of hugs!!

kimmyqtgirl
01-05-2008, 01:21 PM
Big Hugs and lots of prayers your way! We are all thinking of you!

dreis1
01-05-2008, 04:46 PM
I sure hope you are soon back to your smiley bouncy self. I also face a multitude of health problems and i know where you are coming from. Hugs. Glinda

countrycowgirl
01-05-2008, 07:03 PM
Kim

My thoughts and prayers are with you... and a suggestion. After A stroke I had a year and a half ago I lost a lot of vision in my right eye and had nerve damage to my face.. I waited and waited for a lot of it to come back and it did not... so I went to see an acupuncturist I thought if Western Medicine can't help me out I am trying Eastern, through acupuncture I did regain a fair amount of my vision not all and some muscle function on the right side of my face (my smile is still lopsided though).. I would suggest trying some alternatives if there is nothing more they can do.

Cheers and God Bless!

Becky P
01-05-2008, 10:59 PM
Prayers are still being lifted. May you be surrounded with peace. Bless you and your family. (HUG)

Kreative Dryve
01-06-2008, 12:31 PM
Prayers, and well wishes!
~Marie