PDA

View Full Version : Started New Years cleaning!

kimmyqtgirl
01-05-2008, 01:31 PM
We went through two whole rooms of stuff and got tons of garbage and goodwill items. And I put aside a group of stamps I haven't used at all or in a while. Now I decided I need to use them or sell them. I hope I use them, I hate to get rid of them, but I have a ton of stamps. I am getting a shelf type unit to store/display all of them hoping that makes them easier to see all of them and they will get used more. Anyone find that this works? I tend to forget what I own.

logcabincreations
01-05-2008, 02:05 PM
Great for you! I'm trying to purge in my house too, although I feel like crap today. All of my stamps are in rubbermaid tubs....I think shelves would be great.

suzi_f
01-05-2008, 02:34 PM
I can't seem to ever part w/any stamp. I figure if I loved it enough to buy it, I will miss it when it's gone. I have a very, very hard time getting rid of anything. What if I need it later??

directmailscrapper
01-05-2008, 02:46 PM
I recently started putting some of my stamps into one of those rolling Iris carts with removable storage cases. I have one case for Christmas and snowmen (it's already full and they don't all fit), one for flowers, one for "other holidays" (Like Halloween and Easter), one for SU stamps that I've never even mounted.

My "regular" storage for stamps has worked well -- until I outgrew it. I bought a bunch of those wooden cubes for creating your own workspace (they had them at Target). I have several that have paper dividers that slide. I use them for the stamps, I can pull the shelf out and access the stamps in the back. I can stack them 2-3 deep. This has worked really well! Now that I've removed the Christmas stamps and the others, the space is working really well again!