PDA

View Full Version : It's Day 6.......anyone want to check in?

Vintagegal
01-06-2008, 09:22 PM
I missed the check-in on Day 3, so I thought I'd do a Day 6 check-in.

So far, so good. Down four pounds since the first of the year. We did go to Cheesecake Factory last night, but DH and I were good. I had the Thai lettuce wraps, being careful not to overload on the dressings. I also avoided the noodles and carrots altogether. So, what I did was place a piece of grilled chickem inside the lettuce, then added a little bit of bean sprouts and a little bit of sliced cucumber. Then, I added about 1/2 tsp of chilli or peanut sauce on the chicken. Yum! DH had a grilled salmon steak and about two cups worth of broccoli. They told us that if we didn't want the potatoes or rice, we could substitute for an extra serving of vegetables. DH doesn't have to lose as much as I do. He only has ten-15 vanity pounds that he wants to lose. Oh, and we each had a slice of low-carb (6g only) cheesecake. I couldn't even finish it. I only at half of it.

Doing good with the water, too. I'm drinking an average of 60 - 84 oz a day. Still can't exercise. I have to wait for PT to show me what exercises I need to do and how to walk correctly (especially if I'm going to walk on the indoor track).

suzi_f
01-06-2008, 09:28 PM
Not me!!! I've been awful!! I tried to walk 3 days ago. I made it for 13 minutes & then quit. bored, tired, dizzy. Later that night, I had heart palpatation (brought on most probably by too much caffine. I really don't want to examine it too closely) so I decided that meant I need to take a break. Dh promised we'd walk this morning outside since it's so much less boring & the temps were great. Didn't happen. I think the new me will start TOMORROW!! Back to school, back to walking!

logcabincreations
01-06-2008, 09:30 PM
Great start to the new year Ethel!! Wish I could say the same. I can't seem to get my mind motivated. I'm blaming it on the fact I was sick the past week, and feeling stressed. I'm feeling much better....and trying to get the stress under control. I really want to be healthy. I will start in the morning back on the right track.

Firecracker
01-06-2008, 11:16 PM
I need to exercise more but I'm following my diet. To reach my first goal I need to lose 4 pounds. Keep up the good work Ethel! Hugs, Heather

mdcash
01-06-2008, 11:28 PM
No Bueno for me! I have been working alot of hours and eating on the run most of the time. I hope after inventory is over things will slow down and I can get focused!

Kreative Dryve
01-06-2008, 11:52 PM
I am down 2 more lbs(18lbs total since Oct 07), but that is more from surgery, not being able to eat fat what so ever, and sorry to say not from working-out at the gym. I am giving myself another week to properly heal before I hit the gym hard again! Well wishes to everyone! ~Marie

Swanie78
01-08-2008, 03:09 AM
Good job Ethel! 4 pounds in a week is awesome!
Im not "officially" starting until Wed since I dont drop my dad off until tomorrow afternoon, and Im sure we'll do a brunch/lunch before he leaves.
But I've been tracking everything on Spark People (http://www.sparkpeople.com) and today I was right on track except for being a tiny bit high on my fat grams. My calories, carbs, and protein were right on track :)
I haven't weighed myself yet either. I meant to do it last night at work and I forgot. Sending myself an email now to remind me while at work tomorrow night. I also need to do measurements (something Spark People keeps track of).

Christie
01-08-2008, 07:28 AM
i vowed to start working out more and so far I haven't done it once. I was going to start yesterday but I'll be babysitting 11 hours a day this week and after she left I didn't feel like working out!

TiikkiStars
01-08-2008, 10:39 AM
Like I promised myself, I started yesterday, the 7th and did really well. I have to admit, I was hungry (although I was eating all day long!), but its just readjusting myself and I know that will go away in just another day or two. But, the good news is that when I got on the scale this morning, I am down three pounds! Gotta love that initial water weight loss! :> As for excercise, I am physically unable to do anything weight bearing (including walking), but hope to add situps soon and then some light free weights after I get back in the habit of situps/crunches.

Great job Ethel and Marie!!!

:> Karen