PDA

View Full Version : We are under a tornado warning! Yikes

tojoco
01-08-2008, 04:35 PM
There have been a few tornadoes spotted in the area. I am a nervous wreck. Corey is at Starbuck's with his English poem group and the tornado siren is going off. Tom is at work and I'm sure he can take care of himself but I don't know if I should tell Corey to stay where he is or to come home. The Starbuck's that he's at is in the next town over. It is like night-time outside; it is so dark and there is a lot of thunder and lightening.

I've got to power down. I hope to talk to you all later. H E L P !:worried::worried:

cindi
01-08-2008, 04:37 PM
Saty safe!! OMG, I have no tornado advice,,,I'm a snowstorm girl! crap I'm scared for you! Please check in as soon as you can!! my prayers are with & your family
Cindi

logcabincreations
01-08-2008, 04:37 PM
Saying a prayer right now Joanne. Do you have a basement? I would be grabbing photo albums, scrapbooks and treasured items and putting them in a safe place -- and getting to the basement with a phone and laptop if I had one.

Christie
01-08-2008, 04:42 PM
Oh stay safe.I say you tell him to stay where he is. I know how scary it is when the tornado sirens go off.

Nancy
01-08-2008, 05:01 PM
Tell Cory to stay where he is, they probably know of a place to go for shelter. Telling him to come home could put him in jeopardy. Go to the basement away from windows and heavy stuff above you. - Take care - Nancy

tojoco
01-08-2008, 06:32 PM
Phew! The worst is over. DH and Corey have just come in. It is only showering right now and the worst of the storm has passed us and is in middle Tennessee now. I've heard there were a few deaths from the storm just over the Mississippi River in Arkansas and in Northwest Tennessee -- that's so sad. We do live in tornado alley and you think you'd get used to it but you never do.

Glad we dodged another one!

emmcee
01-08-2008, 07:31 PM
Glad to hear you all are safe & sound. I always was so nervous while Paul was alive when we would get a tornado warning because I didn't have a clue how I could get him to safety. Living in a mobile home as I do is scary when tornado warnings come. We do have a few around this area and I'm always looking for a safe place to go too. Tornados are more frightening to me than a hurricane.

Joanne I got the cutest flood card from you today. Thank you. Love the tiny little post it you put inside.

ccstampin12
01-08-2008, 07:38 PM
Oh, WOW, Joanne!
I just saw this post and I'm so happy you are our of danger!
WHEW!!!
HUGS
Joanie

Robinkay
01-08-2008, 09:26 PM
Glad you are doing better now!
Last night while at work we were under a Tornado Warning until 2am. And let me tell you it isnt fun to be in a wally world when we have a code black!
We have to gather all the people(or herd them) into the clothes area where we have to stay until the warning is lifted. People get so PO cause they wanna leave the store and we can't let them. So they get more PO and leave heaping carts full of groceries.

Nancy
01-08-2008, 09:46 PM
I am glad your safe, being in our MH twice when weather like this happened is scary, your driving along and you hear the sirens and you know what there are for. Each time we were close enough to get to a bldg. for safety. - Nancy

cindi
01-08-2008, 09:55 PM
Joanne, I was worried and scared for you.
thanks for letting us know your ok.
big hugs!
:policeman:

My3Ds
01-08-2008, 10:15 PM
glad everyone is safe. I heard there was wicked weather in the mid West tonight.

ellie
01-08-2008, 11:17 PM
Goodness Joanne, I am so glad you are all ok. I can't even imagine...

JessicaLynnOriginal
01-12-2008, 09:45 PM
Glad to know you are ok!! We had them here in Wisconsin a few days ago with lots of lightening and more! It was the weirdest Jan ever!!

Jessica Lynn