PDA

View Full Version : CURVES - anyone else belong?

inkinupstamps
12-01-2006, 07:00 AM
Tami, I remember you belong to CURVES. Are you still going? I need you!:cool: Anyone else go to CURVES?:confused:

I really like the whole concept of CURVES but my little village is SO SMALL that it is nearly empty when I go to work out. The atmosphere is great and the staff is supportive, but without a partner or a lot of other women there it isn't quite the same.

Anyone else going to CURVES who might like to be a curves buddy with me? We could check in with one another, chart our progress? Just curious.:wideeyed:

iloveflipflops
12-01-2006, 07:02 AM
I am not going but I am pretty sure Tami said she started back yesterday or the day before so you two can report to each other. I didn't care for the one by me in FL. I just did not like it. I am going to stick with walking although on Oprah yesterday Dr Oz swears as we "age" we must build muscle to burn the fat so I am going to TRY real hard to go work out with my weights in the basement. I have them (the people before us left them here) but I just hate weights....

inkinupstamps
12-01-2006, 07:08 AM
That was me who said I started back at CURVES yesterday. I'm also aiming for the 10,000 steps each day walking with the aid of 'Bella.:cute:

MidwestStamper
12-01-2006, 07:13 AM
I've belonged to Curves for 3 years. I go in the morning after I drop my boys off at school. I usually go on the days that I don't work, since I start work at 8:30 a.m.--so it's 2-4 times a week that I go. I love it! When a women gets into her 40's, toning muscles becomes even more important!

I feel the absolute best when I can combine going to Curves with walking. In Minnesota though, my days for walking are limited during the winter, which lasts for up to 6 months here--unless I take the time to go to a mall for "mall walking". That's when I really appreciate Curves!

Anyway, I'm not sure what you're looking for in a buddy, but if you want more info on Curves I can give you even more details, either here or in email. Let me know!

inkinupstamps
12-01-2006, 07:19 AM
Anyway, I'm not sure what you're looking for in a buddy, but if you want more info on Curves I can give you even more details, either here or in email. Let me know!

Hi Lidia,

I've belonged to CURVES for about a year now. I was just saying that it is more fun to work out with a partner. We have similar weather here in ON as you in MN so I know about the walking being more difficult, but roads are cleared immediately and while the temps are very cold too we just bundle up. I do find I walk shorter distances in the cold due to more energy expended just getting through the snow and cold.

I don't know exactly what I had in mind. Just thought perhaps a checkin and chat with curves members. Probably not a great idea.

MidwestStamper
12-01-2006, 07:41 AM
Heh, Jennifer--I'm kind of sleep deprived this morning and didn't realize that you were the original poster too, and have just rejoined Curves--so you know all about it! Isn't it great for us northern gals that are stuck inside for so long? There's always skiing, snowshoeing etc.--but there's that darn equipment to strap on for those sports!

Would you like to keep in contact about measurings and weight loss? I'd be glad to help keep tabs on each other. I don't go to Curves with anyone in particular here, so even though there's lots of ladies I exercise with I still feel as if I'm going alone.

I've been on an ongoing journey to lose weight over the past two years. I was up to almost 60 lbs. gone, but "back slid" over the summer, so I gained back about 20--so I'm back at it, but the holidays are a tough time to start!
Let's help each other out!

workin4stamps
12-01-2006, 12:49 PM
My gym is not a curves, but it is very similar. We do have a "circuit" there, like at curves. I do not use the circuit myself----only because at my previous gym I had learned on the other machines. So---I'm just sticking to what I was used to. Plus my DH and I go together, and the other stuff is on the men's side. I am allowed on his side, but he's not allowed on mine. So I do it over there that way we can be together. So I usually do 30 minutes of cardio (elliptical machine mostly) 5 times a week, and then I do weights either 2 or 3 days a week.

Jennifer.....if I know that you are going to report here weekly or more often, I will do the same. I was planning on it anyways.

Traci

teabear
12-01-2006, 12:52 PM
I haven't been going regularly. I went Tuesday for the first time in weeks. Yes, whatever you have in mind sounds good. I so need motivation! I am heavy and feeling uncomfortable in my jeans...it's time. Ok, let's all go today and check in after. Oh, and I saw your post Traci. My curves just got an eliptical machine. I'll add it in today and let you know how it goes.

Inkyhands
12-01-2006, 03:43 PM
I am thinking about it. Our Curves is literally out my front door....right across my little side street.
I am going to go over on Monday to find out what the fee is. I know most of the women who go there and the ladie who runs it. Our little town is extremely small so it's hard not to know everyone.

inkinupstamps
12-01-2006, 03:44 PM
and could go together. It is a lot of fun but it would be more so with you there too! Let me know what you think after you go, ok?

teabear
12-01-2006, 03:56 PM
I did the regular workout, stretching, 50 sit-ups, and a whopping 3 minutes on the eliptical machine. That thing is harder than it looks!

April, it's about $40 a month for me. I know there are a lot of women who work there a few shifts for pay and they get to work out for free. If it's that close, maybe you could look into it.

Inkyhands
12-01-2006, 05:50 PM
I did the regular workout, stretching, 50 sit-ups, and a whopping 3 minutes on the eliptical machine. That thing is harder than it looks!

April, it's about $40 a month for me. I know there are a lot of women who work there a few shifts for pay and they get to work out for free. If it's that close, maybe you could look into it.

Thanks
I will :nod: have to look into that.

Spartymom
12-01-2006, 06:42 PM
I started in Sept. and do it 3x a week. It has worked@! I havent worked out since the 80's....Way before marriage and kids...So, I do enjoy it, it's My time...Kim:cool: