PDA

View Full Version : Now that I am famous and all ... lol

iloveflipflops
01-09-2008, 07:55 PM
Who should I submit to next? I am thinking Papercrafts. I love that magazine!! Any other suggestions? I also love Card Creations. Maybe I will find that one next. I think AC Moore had that one yesterday ....

cindi
01-09-2008, 07:59 PM
should submit to both of those!! I love them both!
:)

loobylou
01-09-2008, 08:00 PM
what about submitting to the ones that pay money? I have seen people post about those, but don't know who they are. Money for stamps??? sounds good to me

jazzypurple853
01-09-2008, 08:02 PM
I agree why not try both.

Erin K
01-09-2008, 08:10 PM
Papercrafts is Card Creations.I mean they are both Primeda and they do the calls together.

Papercrafts is cool because they do ditigal calls and they tell you what they are looking for. There are a few things right now I did one for the Joy of Cardmaking sketch, there is a monochromatic one, a "trendy colors" one where you do your own trendy colors... there were others, those are all I remember. Anyhow they have them on the website. www.papercraftsmag.com and you submit them electronicly. Then they will tell you if you get it. I've just submitted my first yesterday. But papercrafts has a rule that you can't have it in your blog or gallery, they will tell you to remove it, I figure I'll just not put it in my blog and stuff until after they either tell me yes, or after the date they tell so I know it's a no.

I dont' know who pays. I'd like to know. I think Asela knows.

workin4stamps
01-09-2008, 08:12 PM
Papercrafts is also cool because they send you MONEY! I also got a ton of free stuff from them!

I like digitally submitting also.

:-)
Traci

loobylou
01-09-2008, 08:17 PM
I did a bit of digging up old threads and I see people have gotten paid for submissions to "PaperWorks" and also "The Rubber Stamper'.
And lots of money too! go for it Sherri, and send them a resume of where you have been published before.

workin4stamps
01-09-2008, 08:23 PM
My check from Papercrafts was $35. They usually pay between $25 and $50 I think, depending on the project.

Traci

Firecracker
01-09-2008, 08:24 PM
Go for it Sherri. I have never tried submitting a card. I might try sometime this year. Keep us posted on how you do. Hugs, Heather

Erin K
01-09-2008, 08:25 PM
http://www.giftmakermagazine.com/designer_guidelines.html

giftmaker/cardmaker magazine apparently pays. It says so in this Designer Guidelines document. I emailed for the editorial calendar.

Erin K
01-09-2008, 08:27 PM
My check from Papercrafts was $35. They usually pay between $25 and $50 I think, depending on the project.

Traci
:jiggy:
that's coolbeans

tojoco
01-09-2008, 08:36 PM
I got paid for being published in Stamp It Magazine which is a spin-off from Papercrafts Magazine.

Erin K
01-09-2008, 08:40 PM
I don't know if they pay but Cards magazine is a beautiful magazine. I know they have some stuff coming up, I had a paper around here somewhere...

June 2008 Call

Cards is an exciting publication that brings you the latest trends in card-making. Get ready to be inspired! If you’d like to be a part of Cards, send us a picture or scan of your best original, hand-made cards today. We are currently looking for cards that fit the following topics:

Father's Day
Summertime
4th of July
Doodling
Templates
Announcements
Picnic Invites
Friendship
Cards from start to finish
Gift Tags
Cards with coordinating envelopes

Deadline: 11:59pm (Mountain Time) on Tuesday January 15th, 2008.

Please send CARDS submissions to [email protected]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

website for them:http://scrapbooktrendsmag.com/cards.html

Oh and here is July (I missed it)

July 2008 Call
Cards is an exciting publication that brings you the latest trends in card-making. Get ready to be inspired! If you’d like to be a part of Cards, send us a picture or scan of your best original, hand-made cards today. We are currently looking for cards that fit the following topics:
 Beach
 Vacation
 Flocking
 Flowers
 Announcements
 Welcome Baby!
 Love
 We're Moving!
 Sympathy
 Mini Cards
Deadline: 11:59pm (Mountain Time) on Friday February 15th, 2008.
Please send CARDS submissions to [email protected]

iloveflipflops
01-09-2008, 08:48 PM
Hey Mini cards may be good since I am into making 3x3's lately. Will have to go over this list again and see what looks good and aim for those. Thanks Erin. You sure are a wealth of info :)

workin4stamps
01-09-2008, 08:54 PM
Erin this is a good list. Too bad I won't have my new SU order by then that has my cool new 4th of July stamps in it. It *might* be coming on the 15th....but that would really be pushing it!

Traci

ellie
01-09-2008, 11:50 PM
I think you should try all of them.

Vintagegal
01-10-2008, 09:00 AM
Papercrafts pays money. I got $35 for the card they published in Birthday Creations. I don't know about regular PaperCrafts (the one that you get each month); but I was paid for my card that they published in a special issue. I didn't ask them to publish it in that issue, but that's the one they decided to place it in. That was the very first card I had published, ever. It was so cool to get a check for it, too.

Erin K
01-10-2008, 09:48 AM
So on this topic:

Brian and I each have "allowance" it's so much each month to spend on our hobbies. I tell Brian about this getting paid to publish thing and he says that does NOT to to my hobby! :shock: apparently it's like having a job and so it goes in the general part of the budget.

what a bunch of crap!

*I'm teasing, I see his point and that's fine, we could use any extra money in the regular budget and it's not like I'm hurting for craft supplies*

Robinkay
01-10-2008, 10:15 AM
Congrats Sherri! That is wonderful! I'm surprized that it didnt happen sooner...was this your first submission?

logcabincreations
01-10-2008, 10:21 AM
Yes you are famous and one very talented sweet lady! Submit to all of them!!!

ccstampin12
01-10-2008, 10:53 AM
Congrats, Sherri!
I haven't submitted in a few years. I stuck with Stampington publications, but there are a lot of suggestions here!
Joanie

Deborah
01-13-2008, 12:14 AM
http://www.giftmakermagazine.com/designer_guidelines.html

giftmaker/cardmaker magazine apparently pays. It says so in this Designer Guidelines document. I emailed for the editorial calendar.

This month's issue is the last one of GiftMaker. They've ceased publishing.

I did a bit of digging up old threads and I see people have gotten paid for submissions to "PaperWorks" and also "The Rubber Stamper'.

Rubber Stamper ceased publication with the December issue.

iloveflipflops
01-13-2008, 06:21 AM
I also believe Simply Sentiments is also no longer. We haven't discussed this magazine here but its still on the magazine credits to submit cards.