PDA

View Full Version : Calling All Shackies in 26 Mile Area--Michigan

Canadian, eh
01-10-2008, 05:31 PM
I think it is time we have a meeting up at Scrap'n Paradise on 26 Miles & Card. Christine, will you please post the phone number, and official name so the store can be googled for newbies. Ladies, please call to book your spot. Let's go with Friday, January 18th. Friday night crops go from 4pm to midnight. Cost is $12, unless you're a member, then it is $6, and it includes a wonderful hot meal and pop, water, coffee. Day time crops are free, so I usually get there by 1:00 to 2:00 and stay until 10:00--sometimes midnight. I'm coming from Canada, so sometimes I'm too tired to drive home at midnight.

I really, really, hope you can make it, and the weather cooperates. This will be so much fun!

:v_SPIN:

kimmyqtgirl
01-10-2008, 05:46 PM
I got the website and info for them here it is:

http://www.scrappinandstampinparadise.com/701.html
Scrappin and Stampin paradise
phone: 586-421-2212
ADDRESS: 21864 23 Mile Rd,
located on the south east corner of 23 Mile and Card Rd. In the Stratford Plaza.

They just got new owners so I am looking forward to how it is now, I hear they have some new stamp lines.

Fief14
01-10-2008, 05:54 PM
ok, girls, I really want to go! I have to work afternoons from 2-10pm. Let me see what I can do. Maybe I can work midnights instead???? That way I won't have to be to work until 10pm. Well, of course this will only work if we don't go up north for the weekend. Looks like I need to work a few things out.

Who's all going?

Spartymom
01-10-2008, 06:41 PM
That's too good of a deal to pass up! I have relatives in the area, but I already have plans for next Friday! Darn it...I'd love to get together with everyone.

hutchink
01-10-2008, 06:49 PM
Its almost a 7 hour drive for me...hmmmm I wish I could do it! Sounds like so much fun!

irishchristine
01-10-2008, 06:59 PM
Sounds good to me!! I have a lot of cropping to do!

scraphappy908
01-10-2008, 09:31 PM
Oh snap! I would love to go but my son has his school concert that night. Please please please schedule another one soon with maybe two weeks notice?! I really would love to go.

Fief14
01-10-2008, 09:40 PM
Ok, since I know there are others that can't make it & I am still trying to find out if I can, maybe this is something we should schedule every other month. That way we can all make arrangements ahead of time to be there. So how about another one planned for March???

scraphappy908
01-10-2008, 09:46 PM
Sounds great to me, Jennifer! It would have to be either the 14th or the 28th since Good Friday is on the 21st. I'd prefer the 28th myself.

maxiesmom
01-10-2008, 11:02 PM
Ok, I am going to pencil this in, but see no reason why it should not be a go for me. Oh joy, I finally get to meet some of the Shackies that live SO danged close to me!

Robinkay
01-11-2008, 10:00 AM
Oh Crud...I work on that night. I work from 5-11. I usually have to have at least 3 week notice if I would like a day off. If you get another date let us know. It is the best to meet up with other Shackies.

Canadian, eh
01-11-2008, 04:18 PM
Okay ladies, it looks like we'll go bi-monthly for a big meet. Of course I'll let you know if Christine and I meet up in between. I'd like to try getting there more often. They crop on Sunday afternoons too. Anyone like me to schedule a Sunday afternoon?

irishchristine
01-11-2008, 04:54 PM
Not me! that is my dh only day off for my family/football. Thank goodness football is almost over!

Fief14
01-11-2008, 04:54 PM
Doesn't matter to me as long as I know far enough in advance to take the day off of work if I need to, so that I can attend!

kimmyqtgirl
01-12-2008, 02:54 AM
I have to work every Sunday, and every other Saturday so keep me posted and I hope I can make it! Anyone been there since the new owners? I am anxious to see what has changed.

Canadian, eh
01-12-2008, 07:36 PM
I haven't been since the new owners took over. I am really going to miss the old owner and her daughter. They were such sweeties. It is sad to see so many scrapbook stores struggling, and that's why it was sold.

maxiesmom
01-15-2008, 05:29 PM
Shackies, are we still on for this Friday?? I just called to book my spot and she told me I was the first one? How is that possible?? Let me know, I don't wanna be there all by my lonesome!!

Canadian, eh
01-15-2008, 05:58 PM
I know a couple of Shackies (not mentioning any names) that forget to call in to book a spot. That said, I'll get right on it. Can't wait to meet you. I'll look for a tiny someone in a bright blue coat ha ha.

irishchristine
01-15-2008, 06:39 PM
I'm in too!

maxiesmom
01-15-2008, 10:19 PM
I know a couple of Shackies (not mentioning any names) that forget to call in to book a spot. That said, I'll get right on it. Can't wait to meet you. I'll look for a tiny someone in a bright blue coat ha ha.

Oh you're funny! I just look tiny cause I'm up against the huge Alaskan mountains!! Although my coat is blue and I have shoulder length perm curly hair and I have a beige Joann shopping bag I cart my stuff around in.
See ya!!

Fief14
01-15-2008, 10:47 PM
I'm still trying to get the night off of work. I hope to know by tomorrow evening. Trust me it's killing me not knowing if I have to work or not, especially since I finally convinced DH to let us stay home this weekend & not go up north Snowmobiling!

maxiesmom
01-15-2008, 10:52 PM
Keeping my fingers crossed for ya, Jennifer!

kimmyqtgirl
01-16-2008, 08:41 AM
OHHH I better book my spot today! I hope it's not too late. If I am I will just have to crash the party! ha ha ha!

Canadian, eh
01-16-2008, 01:17 PM
Okay, Kathy, I'll watch out for that Joann bag you carry around--LOL

Fief14
01-16-2008, 04:31 PM
OK Ladies, I'm in!!! I'll be there about 2:30-3ish. However, I do have to work midnights, so I'll be leaving about 9:15ish to be to work at 10pm. Can't wait to meet you all!

So who's all going for sure??

Spartymom
01-16-2008, 04:37 PM
I hope you all have fun! I need to crop, I just got a ton of pictures developed. Cry, boo hoo. Have fun and take some pictures.

maxiesmom
01-16-2008, 05:43 PM
OK Ladies, I'm in!!! I'll be there about 2:30-3ish. However, I do have to work midnights, so I'll be leaving about 9:15ish to be to work at 10pm. Can't wait to meet you all!

So who's all going for sure??

Cool!! Glad to hear you'll be there! I won't be there till 5 or later. Beth, Christine, Kimmy & you are the only ones I know for sure. There may be others I am forgetting, sorry if I am!

kimmyqtgirl
01-16-2008, 06:19 PM
I am all set for Friday too! I will be there around 2:30ish too. I live right around the corner so it's not far at all! When I called they said there are 7 of us ! I said it was our first meet from an online group! Doesn't sound like much changed, can't wait to see the store though. Do they still have the Oasis membership? I never got one, but with the possibility of frequent shackie meet ups I may have to do it.
Cant wait to meet you girls!

maxiesmom
01-16-2008, 10:26 PM
Yes, they do still have the membership cause when I called they asked if I was an Oasis member. Chris, Beth- I know you guys are- what are the particulars on it? I may need to as well if we're gonna do this often enough!

7 of us, that SO rocks!! And I remembered that our office is closed Friday, Dr. was supposed to be at a conference and when he cancelled going they talked him into staying closed to do the catch up stuff they had planned on. I was still going to work a full day, but I can definitely be there at least before 5 now and work most of my day!!

kimmyqtgirl
01-16-2008, 10:35 PM
I am so excited! I am hoping I remember my camera. When I called the girl on the phone was so excited that we were having our meet up there. Can't wait to see yous! Do you think we will get ANY work done? Anyone planning on bringing a bunch of stamps so we can share images? If so I can bring a bunch. Any requests

maxiesmom
01-16-2008, 10:40 PM
I have several SeeDee's sets that I was planning on using. They are sort of like the Rubber Stamp Tapestry look, small florals. Not really anything you'd just stamp an image, but you're welcome to play with them. I'm bringing a bunch of inks too, mainly pigment cubes since those go best with these.

Anything in particular you're looking for? I have quite a few SU sets, none of the new ones, but you can borrow whatever you want. I have bunches of floral and dragonfly stamps too.

kimmyqtgirl
01-16-2008, 10:47 PM
OHH I have heard of those SeeDee's but have never tried them. Maybe I shouldn't I would hate to gethooked on something else :) I am not looking for anything special but I will bring a bunch to share! and I am bringing my Big Bite if anyone wants to try.

maxiesmom
01-16-2008, 10:49 PM
I have gotten them pretty cheaply from ATRS when they had a good sale on, less than 8.00 for a set and they all have bunches of stamps in them. Granted they are all small stamps, but still! Going to bed now, see you tomorrow(online that is).

kimmyqtgirl
01-16-2008, 10:51 PM
Good night! Kathy!

Fief14
01-16-2008, 11:57 PM
Ohhhh! I would love to do an image swap type thing while we are all there. I can bring a bunch of my stamps too, so who ever wants to use them can stamp as much as they want! (Hopefully now we don't forget to bring the cs to stamp on!--although I guess we could buy it there huh?) Great idea Kimmy!

kimmyqtgirl
01-17-2008, 08:23 AM
Any of you girls comming good with prismacolor markers? I am having some trouble with the blending thing. If so would you give me a brief lesson?

Canadian, eh
01-17-2008, 11:04 AM
Sorry no markers, but I probably will come with my brand new prisma pencil crayons. I'm getting so excited.

Canadian, eh
01-17-2008, 11:10 AM
Okay, I finally called in to book my spot. Wouldn't that have been awful if I couldn't get in, esp. since I put out the call. Ladies, I'm the biggest procrastinator and I really need to change. I'm bringing my camera for a group shot. I'm really getting excited about tomorrow! I need to go to Joann's to see if they have webbing spray. Have any of you come across it? Port Huron's HL and Joann's didn't have it, and I need it so bad for this Tuesday's tutorial posting. I'm looking for gold.