PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for a local boy needed.........

Kreative Dryve
01-10-2008, 07:22 PM
One of our local High School Boys on my sons wrestling team was just injured the other day.

The story is that he had a reaction to a immunization shot, and had been feeling "dizzy". Well he fell and hit the back of his head pretty hard. The fall
caused him to totally sever the tendon that goes from the back of his head to his neck. He is unable to stand-up now, and crawls to the bathroom.
I have known this kid forever, he is one of my middle son's good friends.
In fact my son was at his house the other night, and he was having trouble keeping food down. (this was after the fall, but before his diagnoses)

This is a very active kid, and he has to withdraw from school, cannot move much, for up to a year, so his tendon heals properly. Such a scary thing for this boy to endure.

Any prayers for a speedy recovery would help. Thanks! I will keep you updated.

***UPDATE***

I spoke to his mom last night, it is even worse than I thought.
His actual injury is to his "Nerve Receptors" at the base of his skull leading down his neck, this is the reason for the nausea/vomiting, and his vertigo (dizziness).
He seen an amazing Neuro-sugeron in Kalispell, but there is no operation to make him better. He is going to have to heal on his own.
He is an amazing athlete, young and storing, and that is going to help with his healing, but I am afraid he might never be able to play any kind of sports again.
His medication make him extremely tired, and he is unable to go to school, so the teachers are setting-up some way for him to pass all of this year, which won't put him behind his
class. He has a hard-time eating and keeping it down, and well not at all shocking, his spirits are down right now. My son is going to go see him on monday, after they see the surgeon again,
and maybe get him on another medication.
Prayer is good thing for him, so lease continue your well wishes for him.

I am still in shock at his injury, it's not a thing I come across in my job very much.
I will still keep you all updated on his progress.
~Marie

~Marie

cindi
01-10-2008, 07:29 PM
what a freak accident! poor kid!! I will definatly send up prayers.
:sorry:

dreis1
01-10-2008, 08:01 PM
I just hate it when freaky things happens to young kids. Prayers going his way. Please do keep up up-dated. Glinda

patg
01-10-2008, 08:32 PM
OMG! that is freaky! I will be sending prayers over that way! How scary is that? Pat

My3Ds
01-10-2008, 08:42 PM
OMG. I'm hoping for a speedy and completely recovery. What a freaky thing to have happen.

cecescraps
01-10-2008, 10:27 PM
How scary and sad. I hope that he recovers quickly and I'll put him and his family on my prayer list.

hutchink
01-10-2008, 11:32 PM
WOW that is horrible! Prayers and well wished being sent up for him and his family!

logcabincreations
01-10-2008, 11:37 PM
I've never heard of this happening before! Will certainly pray for him.

scrappinnuts
01-10-2008, 11:58 PM
My Prayers are with him, his Family and yours.

threefriends91
01-11-2008, 03:09 AM
l will add this poor guy to my prayer list.. how sad.

stampinmom3
01-11-2008, 04:06 AM
I have sent prayers up for him.

toao
01-11-2008, 10:06 AM
Oh my goodness. How awful. Prayers going up for this young man.

Mary

loon218
01-11-2008, 10:15 AM
Healing prayers for your son's friend, and for a complete recovery being sent....

Tantalize
01-11-2008, 02:02 PM
Prayers for this young man.