PDA

View Full Version : Laptop Grief - Well, sort of...

Sherry
01-14-2008, 02:45 PM
My wonderful and amazing DH surprised me by ordering me a brand spanking new Dell Notebook (after me dropping hints for several weeks ;)). I'm so excited and can't wait for it to get here.

Now, for some reason, DH always thinks that bigger is better (and that goes for his taste in women too, haha) so he purchased me a model with a 17" widescreen display. ACK! What am I going to do with this monster? I would have been perfectly happy with a 14 or 15 incher. Did he not realize that notebooks were meant to be portable? Anyhoo, I have been looking online for hours and I can't seem to find a decent, feminine looking, reasonably priced, notebook bag/tote for a 17" model anywhere! Well, that is not entirely true. I did find one that I absolutely love (http://www.francesandgrace.com/comersus/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=5) but it is $200! WOW!

I was hoping to find a case that does not advertise the fact that I am carrying a laptop - you know, those typical black, over the shoulder briefcase looking things? Does anyone happen to have any good links for feminine cases??

tesschap
01-14-2008, 02:49 PM
Our youngest son, Drew, just bought a beautiful new Gateway laptop with all the bells and whistles. Without thinking we agreed with him that he should get the 17 inch screen. The laptop is a beauty but we had a hard time getting a bag for it to fit. He ended up buying his at www.walmart.com. It was quite a bit cheaper than the same bag on many other sites and he had it in two days. I'm not sure what they have for feminine looking bags but it may be worth a look.

Another suggestion is a back pack on wheels. I got a pretty red one at JC Penney that I use for my laptop when I travel.

Good luck and let us know what you find.

IMBlessed5
01-14-2008, 03:38 PM
I agree - Walmart has some great ones! Here's their ladies laptop bags:
http://www.walmart.com/search/browse-ng.do?ic=48_0&ref=125875.406889&catNavId=518772
I have the very first one, it's black. BUT, don't think it will hold a 17"-er though. Might find something else there!

hutchink
01-14-2008, 03:46 PM
Sherry I am sitting her laughing since my hubby did the same thing last year and got me a 17 in notebook too ( they all are in to bigger is better..ha ha ha)! I have no cute pretty girl bag- ugly black one- got it at best buy- it works!

Nancy
01-14-2008, 04:43 PM
After my eye surgery, the doctor told me to get a large screen for my computer, the bigger the better, He said then I wouldn't have to use glasses on the smaller one. So I use large print for now. My laptop is 15 in and it is new, so I am stuck for awhile. As far as a case. decorate use, then it will look feminine. - Nancy

ccstampin12
01-14-2008, 05:38 PM
Those are pretty ones on the Wal-Mart site, and some are pretty inexpensive! Makes me wish I had a laptop!
LOL
Joanie

loobylou
01-14-2008, 06:13 PM
My dh has the 17 inch Dell too- in RED, yes the Laptop itself is in red-
I don't know about you, but in Australia we joke that Red cars go faster, so maybe that is what led his choice. lol.
He has a boring black case

tojoco
01-14-2008, 07:16 PM
Sherry, be sure to check out ebags.com. I have shopped there before for a designer handbag and I was pleased with their customer service. Besides, I looked at their totes and there are some awesome ones there (similar to your liking) that are less money. Let me know what you think.

http://www.ebags.com/search/index.cfm?N=4001%2020042210&Nao=0