PDA

View Full Version : I am so burned out! TGIF! (I really mean it!)

Vintagegal
01-18-2008, 07:26 AM
Since DH started his new job, I've been getting up with him at 4:30 AM each day, during the week. Why, you ask? DH has to leave the house by 6:00 to be at work by 6:30. If I don't make him breakfast (which tends to be a simple breakfast) and don't make him lunch, he will starve himself all day. He's one of those folks who would prefer to skip breakfast. And, I'm one of those folks who says breakfast is the most important meal of the day. As it is, he doesn't eat lunch until almost two or three in the afternoon. The General's office is so busy, that most of the folks there don't take 'lunch breaks.' They sit at their desk and snack or eat on the fly. So, I've been making sure DH has a healthy lunch and doesn't take advantage of the vending machines.

Not really complaining because I love my husband, and I think this is a great way to support him (he works 14-hour days, sometimes. Usually, it's 12-hour days). But, honestly, it's wearing on me. I'm so tired. I'm so tired and I just want to crawl back into bed. So, I'm so thankful it's Friday. Tomorrow, I will sleep in until 8 AM :twitcy: (Isn't that crazy? 8 AM is sleeping in for me!) I will get up and fix the family some bacon, eggs and waffles. Then, I will work on some swaps; go to the Post Office; and take DS to his basketball game at noon. This is a long-weekend for me, also, so that'll be three days in a row of sleeping-in for me. YAY!

loobylou
01-18-2008, 07:54 AM
What a good wife, and what a fantastic way to show your support for your dh!
I can understand you look forward to the weekend

logcabincreations
01-18-2008, 09:14 AM
Could you do a make-ahead breakfast and lunch and put it in the refrigerator...or would he forget and leave without it?

threefriends91
01-18-2008, 09:44 AM
l think its great the way you support you HB,and l agree eating healthy now pays off later. l can sure understand why you love weekends.. you do have alot going on.. but l'm sure your family will thank you later for this... This is true love...Have a great weekend.

ellie
01-18-2008, 09:57 AM
Wow, you are a good wife. Hat's off to you!

Vintagegal
01-18-2008, 09:57 AM
Could you do a make-ahead breakfast and lunch and put it in the refrigerator...or would he forget and leave without it?

I thought about this after I posted my original thought. Yes. I guess I could make it the night before. Lately, all we've been eating are soup and salad for lunch. I could always place the greens in the tupperware and pour the salad dressing into the small container the night before. I can also place the grilled chicken or steak strips in a ziploc and set it on top of the tupperware. All of that can be done the night before. As far as forgetting his food? Well, he may or may not. This would be a time-saver for both of us, since I fix us both the same lunch and I could definitely take care of both things the night before.

Thanks, Jan! That lightbulb went on in my head after I posted my original post. This would buy me at least another half-hour of sleep in the morning. YAY!

JBgreendawn
01-18-2008, 10:28 AM
here's to sleeping in and long weekends.

I like that make it ahead idea too. :)

Swanie78
01-18-2008, 10:33 AM
I hear ya!! I just finished working 7 twelve hour shifts :huh:
Im not so much tired as I am exhausted. It was pretty much work, sleep, work, sleep, and every once in awhile throw some food in...lol
I dont think Ill ever do that again.

Here's to sleeping in! I have to finish cleaning the kitchen, then I can go to bed. When I wake up I need to go to Babies R Us, then Ill probably come home and work on some swaps, clean the rest of the apartment, and go back to bed...lol My friend is having a Wii party tomorrow while her husband has a poker party, and we'll also be working on planning her sisters wedding invitations. :)

Enjoy your sleeping in! I bet tomorrow morning youre wide awake at 4:45 :confused: :biglaugh:

Vintagegal
01-18-2008, 10:39 AM
I bet tomorrow morning youre wide awake at 4:45

And you WOULD win that bet! LOL! That's exactly what happens to me most weekends!

teabear
01-18-2008, 10:43 AM
I hear you, Ethel. I hope it's a restful weekend for you.

Tantalize
01-18-2008, 12:05 PM
*BIG HUGS* I hope you get some well deserved sleep this weekend, Ethel! I know Im going to squeeze in lots myself, hopefully!

hutchink
01-18-2008, 01:00 PM
I hope you get to sleep in and enjoy a little down time this weekend!