Inkyhands
12-01-2006, 08:05 PM
I made this card and I was going for simple but is it TOO plain? :SLEEP:
http://stamp-shack.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1023&cat=527
Please let me know what you think.
TIA

Christie
12-01-2006, 08:07 PM
I think it's cute. If you want to add a little sparkle to it, put dots of glitter glue in the center of each snowflake.

CRAFTNMOM
12-01-2006, 08:39 PM
I think it needs a little bling. :wub:
Catherine

inkinupstamps
12-01-2006, 08:54 PM
I really like it, April! I like your placement on the page and its simplicity! A pretty, simple, soft, serene snowflake front like this makes me want to open the card for the inside sentiment of message. I think being so pretty and the wave of snowflake builds your excitement. ~Jennifer

mahodgman
12-01-2006, 10:10 PM
Yes, I think it is too plain. I'm not sure what it needs, maybe some sparkle would do it, I'm not sure. I have a really hard time with single layer cards. I mean, they are fine for note cards, but don't seem enough for a greeting card kwim? Maybe it just needs one big snowflake layered with blue.

Erin K
12-01-2006, 11:41 PM
I think it's great, I love the use of whitespace, which I'm into right now. I think the glitter or maybe gemstones on the snowflakes wouldn't hurt,but it's great as is.

It makes me think of freckles sprinkled across a child's face in the summer. Like it was a white card and the snowflakes just sorta popped up on their own...

Inkyhands
12-02-2006, 12:38 PM
I think it's great, I love the use of whitespace, which I'm into right now. I think the glitter or maybe gemstones on the snowflakes wouldn't hurt,but it's great as is.

It makes me think of freckles sprinkled across a child's face in the summer. Like it was a white card and the snowflakes just sorta popped up on their own...

I did add some glitter glue, not much ut just enough.

Erin, I love your freckle reference....that was awesome!:nod:

Wanda
12-03-2006, 08:17 AM
NOOOOO, it's not too plain!!! I love cards like this. I'd be honored to receive a card like this. Keep it up.

Wanda

LinzyD
12-03-2006, 09:12 AM
I too like the use of whitespace (plus I just want to be cool and copy Erin! :) )! Not everything has to have a gazillion layers-nice and simple but oh so pretty! Good work, April!
Linzy

mychellie
12-07-2006, 06:57 AM
try inking the edges and see if this helps.