PDA

View Full Version : I'm taking an online class right now to learn how to create web pages!

workin4stamps
01-20-2008, 06:51 PM
It's a 6 week course through a local college. There are two lessons each week. I got 100% on my first quiz without even referring to my notes! Yippee!

After this class, I can go on to several more advanced ones. I'm not sure why I decided to do this, but I just thought it would be cool. I know NOTHING about HTML, etc etc. I figured I needed to shed some light on all of it.

I have to think of what kind of a website I want to design, because I need to have one online by the end of this course I think. I thought about a general website for my stamping stuff....but I'm not sure if I want to do that or not. I mean...I could do a blog for that, right?

I also thought about doing a family website for my husband's extended family. His uncle actually asked me to a while back (I think that's what started the ball rolling....) I told him I knew NOTHING about that sort of thing.

Does anybody have a family website like this that isn't a blog? Where I can post pictures, calendars of upcoming events, etc etc. If so, would you send me a link so I can look at it. I'm looking for ideas to see if that's what I want to do.

:-)
Traci

My3Ds
01-20-2008, 06:56 PM
Traci - sounds like fun. Interesting for sure. I know that there use to be websites that you could use for family use only. You put in dates, info, pictures, etc. I can't remember the names, but maybe a search will help.

tojoco
01-20-2008, 06:56 PM
Good for you, Traci. Sounds like an interesting course. I do like these online courses; I've taken a few myself but I haven't taken one on web design. Good luck!

tesschap
01-20-2008, 07:35 PM
How exciting. I'd like to take an online class like this as I am clueless about this sort of thing. One of my friends family has a website. I'll see if I can get a link from her for you this week.

Do keep us updated on the progress you make with your class.

emmcee
01-20-2008, 10:14 PM
I need to call the college Tuesday and see about a course. I'm working on a my own website, Emmcee's Emporium, which is to be an online scrapbook store. THe site is there, but I'm not very creative but I'm trying to get all my things organized. I found a fellow here in Davidson County to rent my site from but I still want my site to be a more fancy than what it is now.

Good for you Traci. I don't have a family website, I've seen them. I wish you all the luck with your course.

Making your own site is rather daunting. Parts of it is not bad, but parts that make the site standout and interesting get me. Probably because I'm not a stand out or intersting....

ellie
01-20-2008, 11:46 PM
That's pretty cool Traci. I know almost nothing and the little bit I DO know, I learned from the Shack.

Tantalize
01-21-2008, 01:12 AM
Good luck with that Traci! Sounds like you are off to a great start already.

threefriends91
01-21-2008, 08:47 AM
Traci. Congratulations!!!... l'd love to do this,and after we move l'll be looking into this. l didn't know they had these class on line.
Sorry l can't help you out on the family web.. But keep us updated sounds great.

logcabincreations
01-21-2008, 08:58 AM
I would love to take a class like this....in my spare time whenever that will be....maybe 2014 when my youngest ds will graduate?? :swoon:

JessicaLynnOriginal
01-22-2008, 08:32 AM
Congrats on the Class!! If you need any help just ask!! :) I know some HTML!

Jessica