PDA

View Full Version : Want to see today's cupcakes?

Erin K
01-22-2008, 03:42 PM
I'm sure you do.

They are Strawberri daqueri cupcakes. You take a cake mix and the stuff it calls for plus a package of jello. Use only 3/4 the package of jello. I used strawberri dacqueri jello (I can't spell daqueri) but you can use any flavor. Mix all that up and bake as normal.

The jello will make your cakes VERY colored. I mean unless you use a non colored jello like yellow or something, you know what I mean though.

Then take your favorite frosting recipe and mix the remaining jello in with it. You can even mix it into the canned frostings. I did some freaky blend of three recipies I have and I'll tell you it's a bit too sweet. The Jello tends to add sweet to the frosting too so beware. People like sweet though it will be fine.

the sprikles are from the Target dollar spot (but they were $2.50, go figure). The nonpariels taste like death. DEATH. So I figured that out when i was about half way done. I'm sending those ones to Brian's work, I think all the sweet in the frosting will overpower the bitter in those sprinkles. The colored sugar ones taste like sugar. Like they should.

the heart cake I'm just showing so you can see how deeply colored the cake gets. This was white cake mix.

YUM.

Christie
01-22-2008, 03:42 PM
Wow those are really pretty. They look like little roses!

Erin K
01-22-2008, 03:47 PM
yea Christie that's my "Erin Rosette"

You take the 1M tip and do a spiral but start in the CENTER (they would have you start on the outside) and then sorta try to tuck the end in at the end and you get that shape every time. Hold your bag at a 90 degrees angle from the cake.

TiikkiStars
01-22-2008, 03:52 PM
I was just thinking last night, I sure miss seeing Erin's cakes!!! They look beautiful! Thanks for the Jello tip!
:> Karen

Erin K
01-22-2008, 03:54 PM
Oh the Jello does make them a bit stickier. Sorta like the soda does if you've done that trick. And sweeter. But with a flavor. Not just sugarier. Not super crazy sticky though and extra moist.

iloveflipflops
01-22-2008, 03:59 PM
SPECTACULAR. My address is: 1231 Brafford Dr ... oh wait you know it :). LOL

Robinkay
01-22-2008, 04:15 PM
Darn...I wish I would have checked in here earlier...I made a plain white cake. Now I'm trying to figure out what kinda frosting I want...Chocolate Cream Cheese or Peanute butter Cream Cheese?
Erin those cupcake are just to pretty to eat! You do such a great job! YUMO!!

logcabincreations
01-22-2008, 04:31 PM
They look delish!!!

toao
01-22-2008, 04:45 PM
Oooooh, Erin is baking again! Yummmm.

Mary

ccstampin12
01-22-2008, 04:47 PM
These really look so yummy!
My poor sweet-deprived taste buds are watering~
I cannot look at any more of your confections!!!
LOL
Joanie

IMBlessed5
01-22-2008, 05:05 PM
I bet those are yummy! Sound good to me! And thanks for the tip on the jello! I'm thinking "lime jello" cupcakes for ST. Patty's day! ;)

Darleneh710
01-22-2008, 05:25 PM
Looks so yummy..now I am in the mood for strawberry cupcakes lol

littlegto
01-22-2008, 06:20 PM
OK Now I'm hungry. Thanks for the info.

Tantalize
01-22-2008, 06:50 PM
Ooooo. You've really improved since the beginning Erin! yummy

suzi_f
01-22-2008, 06:53 PM
They look YUMMY!!! How much jello would you need for say, 6 12x20 cakes?? The kids would LOVE this at school!! I'm hungry for cake now!!

Spartymom
01-22-2008, 07:10 PM
Very valentiney! DD even thinks their pretty. Who are they for again?

mydogstinks2
01-22-2008, 07:14 PM
they look so yummy!!

Robin's cake was yummy too!! MMmmmm

cecescraps
01-22-2008, 08:29 PM
YUM-O!! It really is not fair to post these though if you aren't going to share w/ us!! LOL Now, I want swirly, sticky, jello-y cupcakes real bad!!!

GrammaStamper
01-22-2008, 09:11 PM
They look so Yummy!

ctinyjoy
01-22-2008, 09:43 PM
OK I am in awe that they make jello in Strawberry Daquiri flavor:jiggy:

I don't like jello (i am a pudding gal myself), but this looks worth a try. Question, can you put a bit of rum extract if you so wish??

Great cupcakes Erin.

moon_beam23
01-23-2008, 11:42 AM
Those look sooooooooooooo good Erin!

Becky P
01-23-2008, 04:50 PM
YUMMMMMM! What more is there to say?

Erin K
01-23-2008, 06:14 PM
OK I am in awe that they make jello in Strawberry Daquiri flavor:jiggy:

I don't like jello (i am a pudding gal myself), but this looks worth a try. Question, can you put a bit of rum extract if you so wish??

Great cupcakes Erin.

Of course you can. Also rum extract is a common addition to frosting so you could put it in there. :)

They look YUMMY!!! How much jello would you need for say, 6 12x20 cakes?? The kids would LOVE this at school!! I'm hungry for cake now!!
I don't know. I use 3/4 a small box of jello for one cake mix. I've never made a 12x20 cake. But it's not exact at all, just dump some in there!

Brian's work ate them all and LOVED them. They are less sticky than I thought they would be. So that's good. Tastey!!!

suzi_f
01-23-2008, 08:09 PM
I wonder if I have the guts to try this. Last week, I managed to over-bake the gooey butter cake (it was neither gooey nor buttery. I'm not sure it was cake!) and burn the peanut butter bars. Tues, I did manage to bake 6 choc cakes w/o burning but, it took me until today to ice them. I still don't have them wrapped & ready to go out. As soon as I get to work tomorrow, I need to make brownies for a special event. They need 10 brownies but I have to bake a 18x26 pan that will feed 80. LOL. I think I lost all my baking skills over Christmas. So, I said all that to say, what the heck? What do I have to lose?? I think I'll make 3 cakes & see how they turn out.

ChristyR
01-24-2008, 01:50 PM
YUM-O Erin I am coming over...leave the light on for me ;)

I soo need to try these they look soo tasty :) and very beautiful great job