PDA

View Full Version : New Shack Features!

Sherry
01-26-2008, 06:18 PM
Hi everyone,

I'd like to draw your attention to two new Shack features which can be found in the 'Shack Inspiration' pull down menu.

1. Shack Tutorials

You will now be able to upload your OWN photo or video tutorials to share with all of your Shack friends. As you can see, I have started the database with four different categories. If you'd like to see additional categories, by all means, let me know. The editor is very powerful so feel free to experiment with this. It even does tables!

This feature was an idea that I have toyed with for awhile. I really wanted to get a tutorial section started on the website but wasn't quite sure if ya'll would make use of the software. I know most of you are content with adding tutorials on your blogs but I REALLY hope you'll upload your tutorials here too. Please don't let this software be a waste of money :embarrassed:!

2. Shack Classifieds

***UPDATE****

I disabled this software for the time being. I just found out (figures after I had it all installed) that there will be a brand new release of this software on February 10th and it will support multiple payment gateways (paypal, checks, money orders and lots of others). It will also fix the issues that we have been experiencing with photo uploading.

loobylou
01-26-2008, 06:26 PM
Sherry
This all looks great. It would be fabulous to have tutorials right here.

I can see that the "who is in the chat room" feature has disappeared. Can we please have it back?

IMBlessed5
01-26-2008, 06:30 PM
OH KEWL! I'm off to check them out! I'm a tutorial junkie! ;)

Jovi
01-26-2008, 06:33 PM
Wow what wonderful new features!

We have a bunch of talented ladies here I'm looking forward to seeing all the great tutorials they add.

Thank you Sherry ;)

Sherry
01-26-2008, 06:38 PM
Sherry
This all looks great. It would be fabulous to have tutorials right here.

I can see that the "who is in the chat room" feature has disappeared. Can we please have it back?

I can see 'who is in the chatroom'. You can't see it on the forum page?

Erin K
01-26-2008, 06:40 PM
I have a question. I can only take the non credit card type paypal. will I be allowed to specify that in my listings? Or is the shack not where I should sell stuff anymore. :(

Either way the Stamp Shack still rocks.

loobylou
01-26-2008, 06:43 PM
I can see 'who is in the chatroom'. You can't see it on the forum page?
I can see it on the forum page. I thought I used to be able to see it on the "new posts' page too"

ETA: Thanks Sherry for putting it back, You rock! I love how you listen to us!

IMBlessed5
01-26-2008, 06:53 PM
I posted a tutorial already! It was super easy - just copy/pasted from my Word.doc, upload/insert pics, and wa-la!

I expected something more like being able to just upload the .pdf file of my tutorial. But it's all good - this works! :D

cindi
01-26-2008, 07:09 PM
I like to see who is in chat from the new post page, so, I'll know when to go chat. Can we have that back?
:)

Sherry
01-26-2008, 07:11 PM
I have a question. I can only take the non credit card type paypal. will I be allowed to specify that in my listings? Or is the shack not where I should sell stuff anymore. :(

Either way the Stamp Shack still rocks.

Yes, you can certainly specify that in your ad.

ccstampin12
01-26-2008, 07:40 PM
Great, Sherry!
THANKS!!!
Joanie

mahodgman
01-26-2008, 09:04 PM
Question. What if I want to sell something and I'll take a check or money order? Won't we be able to do that anymore? And what if we don't know the shipping price? There are drastic differences between local and international shipping rates KWIM?

directmailscrapper
01-26-2008, 09:28 PM
These features are terrific! You are always thinking of us.

Question -- when I go to the Shack-bay, I only see a picture of the butterfly collage in the test ad. I don't see any of the other items for sale. Where are the pictures? Am I missing something? For example, Sherri's stamp set -- I can't see anything.

hbpuppy
01-26-2008, 10:13 PM
Sounds great Sherry. I'll have to think of something to "tutorial" about. I take requests. LOL.

moon_beam23
01-28-2008, 11:24 AM
Coolio, thanks a bunch Sherry!

tesschap
01-28-2008, 01:27 PM
Thanks for the great new features Sherry.

GrammaStamper
01-28-2008, 01:53 PM
Sherry, these new features are great. I'm looking forward to posting sale items and my tutorial on using the Stamp-A-Majig again. Thanks for looking after us so wonderfully.

Far North
01-29-2008, 02:37 PM
Love the new tutorial page. I was wondering if it is possible to have a seperate "creating backgrounds" section.

Mahodgman-Mary I hope we get to see some of your fantastic tutorials from the newsletter saved in this section!

cydstamps
01-29-2008, 03:13 PM
Thanks Sherry!

mahodgman
01-29-2008, 06:57 PM
Love the new tutorial page. I was wondering if it is possible to have a seperate "creating backgrounds" section.

Mahodgman-Mary I hope we get to see some of your fantastic tutorials from the newsletter saved in this section!

I tried to put one out there the other day, but I couldn't figure out how to size the pictures correctly. As soon as I have some time to play with it, I'll put all the old ones out there......maybe even a new one or two.