PDA

View Full Version : Label maker

Far North
01-27-2008, 03:09 PM
I am thinking about a label maker to title the end of my CD cases with unmounted stamps. I haven't research them yet. Any thoughts to share?
Thanks!...Jan

tojoco
01-27-2008, 03:35 PM
Hi Jan, I have the Dymo Letra label maker. It is hand-held, and I love it. Of course I don't use it as often as I should but I have used the labels on cards and especially on scrapbook pages. I have also used it to title drawers that store all my crafting supplies. It's also easy to find refills in different colors. Good luck.

toao
01-27-2008, 04:22 PM
I have a Dymo also. (Wal-Mart) Mine is the Label Manager 150. LOVE this thing.

Mary

mydogstinks2
01-27-2008, 05:04 PM
I have the dymo too!! I love it!

bubblegum girl
01-27-2008, 07:28 PM
I have a Dymo also. (Wal-Mart) Mine is the Label Manager 150. LOVE this thing.

Mary

we have this one too and i love it!

Erin K
01-27-2008, 07:43 PM
I have a question, are the lables that it makes wider than the edge of the cd case? Does that bother you? It seems like they are wider and I'm sure it would bother me. I'm a bit OCD about stuff like that.

Far North
01-27-2008, 08:02 PM
Yes Erin guess I don't know enough to ask these questions very well. I think the tape comes in different sizes. Maybe someone can give some direction on which label maker with the proper size tape will work for the CD case-- Is the label maker a good choice for labeling the CD cases...if it hangs off like Erin questions the label may stick to another case and be an on-going pain.
Thanks for sharing!...Jan

tojoco
01-27-2008, 09:27 PM
Erin and Jan, as the attached test will show, my label is wider then the edge of the CD case BUT before you adhere it to the CD case, you can easily make it narrower by cutting some of it off using your paper cutter. Although, I was actually able to wrap the label along the top of the CD case and I don't think it would cause a problem of sticking to others. My labels are 1/2" wide.

moon_beam23
01-28-2008, 11:05 AM
THe DYmo that I have is a little bit wider than the CD case, but I just fold over the edge! Don't even notice then!

TiikkiStars
01-28-2008, 11:51 AM
I use a Dymo as well. I prefer the plastic white with black letting labels (same as the ones Joanne uses, except white) since you can see them and read them REALLY easily.

Yes, the labels are bigger, but I just trim them, top and bottom before applying them to the cd. I also use mine to label my containers for going to crops and retreats. I also know people who use them for labeling everything......but they are much more organized than I!!!

I do love mine though. In fact, this email has reminded me that I need to go pick up more refills for it!!:>

:> Karen

tesschap
01-28-2008, 01:20 PM
Oh man - not another toy I need to consider :) Hmmm!

Tantalize
01-28-2008, 01:20 PM
I have the cheap Brother one! It works fine for me, its the tape that gets ya really... lol

hutchink
01-28-2008, 01:46 PM
I have to agree with Thanh...the tape is the most pricey part!

MuseOfLife
08-07-2009, 07:05 AM
I use this CD cover creator (http://www.ronyasoft.com/products/cd-dvd-label-maker/) because it is easy to use and can make not only CD labels but origami CD cases and paper sleeves.