PDA

View Full Version : Stephanie's Black Bean Burgers

workin4stamps
12-03-2006, 01:53 PM
Jennifer posted this recipe in another thread. It is from her daughter, Stephanie. I wanted to post it here so it wouldn't get lost. I can't wait to try it!!!!!! Traci

Black Bean Veggie Burger recipe

My favorite is a veggie burger. No soy, no tofu, no Boca burger--this one actually tastes great!

Veggie Burger
1 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed & drained
1 cup brown rice, cooked
2 Tbsp. tomato sauce
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp dried oregano
2 cloves garlic
2 cups bread crumbs
1 tsp salt
a few drops of hot sauce
1 Tbsp light olive oil

Combine beans, rice, tomato sauce, cumin, oregano, and garlic in food processor. Transfer to bowl, add salt, and hot sauce. Slowly mix bread crumbs into mixture with hands. Will make about 6-8 small patties. If mixture is too dry to mold, add small amounts of water until you get the right consistency. Cook with oil or on grill (only a few min. on the grill--dries out if left on too long). Serve with usual burger toppings.

tojoco
12-03-2006, 03:32 PM
I already printed it out Traci and I'm going to attempt them some time this week. Let me know how they are if you get to them before I do.

inkinupstamps
12-03-2006, 03:45 PM
Stephanie says to remember that when you are cooking these you are basically warming them. Everything is already cooked so it isn't like grilling raw hamburger or meat. They will get very dry and icky if you overcook them. :confused:

tojoco
12-03-2006, 03:45 PM
Good point Jennifer that I'll try to remember.