PDA

View Full Version : Do any of you have a Kodak EasyShare Z885???

logcabincreations
02-03-2008, 02:56 PM
If so, what setting do you use for cards? I've been trying different things and still can't seem to get a picture that isn't fuzzy.

ctinyjoy
02-03-2008, 03:12 PM
Jan,
I have an easyshare CX7525 and I use the flower symbol. That is for items less than 20 feet.

hth

Vintagegal
02-03-2008, 03:43 PM
I have the EZ share Z740. This is what I do. I place it in the SCN mode. Just like Cheri, I select the "tulip" or flower mode for close-up shots. Then, I press it halfway down to see if it'll get into focus before snapping the shot. It seems to work for me every time. I used this mode to take close ups of the butterfly cards I made today (the close up shots are in my blog). I can get within an inch of what I'm taking a picture of and get a really sharp image. Look up the 'close up' mode on your owner's manual. It should be the 'tulip icon'. Also, I try not to ever use the flash. I place my projects in a well-lit area. Good luck!

loobylou
02-03-2008, 05:40 PM
Great advice Ethel.
Yes Jan, I use the macro mode which is the tulip symbol. I try to use natural light and no flash because you get a truer colour representation. Lately I've been using my scanner, but I still need my camera for cards with lumpy embellishing

logcabincreations
02-04-2008, 09:49 AM
Thank you ladies. I have the SCN mode....now I have to figure out where the "tulip" or closeup mode is?? Better get out my manual.

tesschap
02-04-2008, 10:17 AM
I have the Z885 & the DX7440. I do the same thing - set the dial to SCN and chose the close up setting - which is the tulip. When you go to the SCN mode it should display all of your options as little icons. You just press the right or left scroll thingy until you get to the tulip and push ok. Good luck!

Robinkay
02-04-2008, 10:33 AM
I just got a Kodak M853 & I am trying to get used to it. Chris had to take some pics for me while at MOA and she kept saying "I hate your camera" So I finally got one a couple of weeks ago. I have trouble taking motion shots. So I used the little guy who looks like he is moving. I will have to try the SCN mode. Thanks for bring up the question Jan.

logcabincreations
02-04-2008, 11:18 AM
I found the tulip - WOO HOO!!! Robin, when you turn you camera on, do you see several options at the bottom of your screen??? I just used the > to go thru the choices and there is a tulip and it says "for close ups" -- YAY!!! I'm so excited. Can you tell? Now to get playing.