PDA

View Full Version : Biltmore Estate - Ashville, N.C.

tojoco
12-03-2006, 03:49 PM
We are planning a mini trip to this area over the last week in December. In fact, we will probably be there for New Year's eve. Has anyone been to the Biltmore and can give me some good hotel accommodations and recreation suggestions? Thanks

iloveflipflops
12-03-2006, 03:54 PM
There is a Starbucks nearby. I can meet ya there :). I am only 2 1/2 hours away Joanne. Really I am serious!!! What exact dates are you going? :) I didn't stay overnight when i went, just went for the day so i can't help ya with hotels. Sorry.

tojoco
12-03-2006, 03:58 PM
OMG Sherri, I would love to meet you in person but I can't ask you to drive 2-1/2 hours. We are driving in on Friday, 12/29 and staying until Monday, 1/1. Are there any stamp stores around there that you know of?

iloveflipflops
12-03-2006, 04:46 PM
I don't know of any that close to Asheville. Maybe Michelle knows of some????

Paula Carden
12-03-2006, 06:38 PM
Only one stamp store-it is in Swannona and I have never been to this one.
A Stamp Artist Place-has a website.
There are several hotel/motels on Biltmore Ave. Yes, there are Starbucks around too. One right near the entrance at Biltmore House.
Double Tree Inn is right near the Biltmore Entrance.
There are also others- near by.
Hope this helps- Have fun
Paula

Paula Carden
12-03-2006, 06:43 PM
Here is the info on the stamp store-
Directions to the store:
Take Exit 55 off of I-40; turn right onto Hwy 70 East. Travel 8/10 mile turning right onto Jim's Branch Road. (Wright Tool Company is your landmark on the right) Travel 3/10 mile and turn left onto Spring Cove Road.
A Stamp Artist Place is the second drive on the right - #30, downstairs at the end of the drive.

A Stamp Artist Place, 30 Spring Cove Road, Swannanoa, NC 28778
828-298-3286 / [email protected]

tojoco
12-03-2006, 07:24 PM
Thanks for all the info Paula.

Paula Carden
12-03-2006, 07:58 PM
No problem-Enjoy-
Happy Holidays

cecescraps
12-03-2006, 11:53 PM
You'll love the Biltmore House. It's lovely anytime but, when it's all decorated at Christmas it is really awesome. I stayed at a hotel w/ a mall across the street but, can't remember which one. Will check w/ friends we went w/ and get back to you. They have an Inn on the grounds now that is VERY nice (pricey). We ate dinner there in the ole stables- very cool and went on the Candlelight tour. Beautiful!! Wasn't into scrapping or stamping when I went so, can't help you there. :)

Cathi

suzi_f
12-04-2006, 08:03 AM
I know nothing about it, never been. Would love to go at Christmas. DH doesn't see any point (even tho he drug me to that "castle" in Toronto that I thought blew). But, the only point I can make is that my former BFF goes every year for her anniversary on 12/27.

cydstamps
12-04-2006, 09:27 AM
Oh let me know about your trip. We had planned to go a couple of years ago, but then family illnesses prevented us from going. We are still hoping to get down that way!

emmcee
12-04-2006, 09:44 AM
Hi Joanne, you'll love the Biltmore House at Christmas or anytime of the year. I've never been either, but a friend was this past weekend and she said all the trees are exquisitely decorated. You'll have a good time. :nod:

ctinyjoy
12-04-2006, 01:38 PM
If you are able, go during the day and visit, then go back at night. It looks completely different with the lights lit up. When we bought the ticket, it was only a few dollars more to return again that evening. Well worth the second trip. We stayed in some log cabins in Weaverville I believe, just a few minutes North of Asheville. You will have a great time Joanne.