PDA

View Full Version : have you ever made a dud?

cindi
12-03-2006, 08:06 PM
I mean have you ever thought of a card..it seemed great in your head, the you make it and it STINKS???:mad:
well I did today! LOL
I bought some paper at Joans last night, the minute I saw it I had a vision of a card!. I made the card today, and It should have remained a vision! LOL
Please tell me I'm not the only one!
And if you need a visual, I'lll post my humiliation for you!
:)

lost luggage
12-03-2006, 08:09 PM
Cindi- I am glad this happened to you. LOL! It happens to me EVERY day! I am feeling especially meager today because I have received my swaps back now and what I thought were really great submissions, are crap! I just ripped everything down from my cables, and I am starting fresh. From now on, every card is a MASTERPIECE. LOL!!

inkinupstamps
12-03-2006, 08:09 PM
YIKES! Too many times to count!:wacko: They end up in the circular file!:biglaugh:

Christie
12-03-2006, 08:12 PM
Plenty of times here too!:wacko: I think it probably happens to us all, does that make you feel better?!:confused:

keltie
12-03-2006, 08:21 PM
I have so often had what a thought to be a great idea, until I try to make it into a card. And All I made was another card to start my fire with. It has happened to me many times. Heather

Inkyhands
12-03-2006, 08:58 PM
I did it yesterday. Saw a similar one, had the idea, looked great in my head....HATED IT!!!

Spartymom
12-03-2006, 09:17 PM
Like Just Julie, I thought my card swaps were cool, but when I got the 'others' back-my really suck! Oops, I mean stink...But, I'm not up to that fancy level yet or something...Frustrating.

Kim

iloveflipflops
12-03-2006, 09:32 PM
It sounds like we all have.. More than once I may add. I just give it the heave ho and start over :).

directmailscrapper
12-03-2006, 11:19 PM
But I'm going to use them anyway. I needed some sympathy cards -- so I thought I'd modify a really neato card I made at Stamp Camp once -- not so great. Oh well, it's the thought that counts, right? :wacko:

Nancy

holly
12-04-2006, 11:51 AM
This happens to me more often than not. I'm waiting for technology to advance to the point where I can download what's in my head, onto paper and see how it looks before finding out it only looks good in brain light.

teabear
12-04-2006, 12:00 PM
I made something last week that I was so excited about in my head....it looks like a grade school project. It is still sitting on my table- I need to throw it out. I think we've all been there.

craftycardz
12-14-2006, 12:20 PM
I'm glad you mentioned it, because of course I thought I was the only one who made some cards I'm embarassed to admit to. I haven't actually thrown them away, though. So, do you throw yours away, thus admitting a "failure" or keep it around to remind you of how you've progressed?

Pauline