PDA

View Full Version : On the positive side: I'm learning how to Knit!

MidwestStamper
02-07-2008, 05:20 PM
I thought I should post something positive to balance out my other post about have Shingles!

Tuesday night I got together with a friend from Church at another lady from church's house and she is teaching us to knit. We have a Prayer Shawl Ministry at church where people who can knit make Prayer Shawl and they are given to people who need comfort--either they are sick, or sad from a recent loss or some such reason.

It will be awhile until I'm good enough to make those, but I wanted to start learning so that I can practice and have something to keep my hands busy from snacking! So now I have ANOTHER hobby to try and find time for!

Patty
02-07-2008, 05:24 PM
Hey Lidia--that's great!!! I am a knitter and I love it. It's also recommended for reducing stress--But I know what you mean about finding time for yet another hobby--I have the same problem. My soltion is not working so much--but it's not quite time to quit yet. Good luck with your knitting!!

Spartymom
02-07-2008, 05:33 PM
Funny you should mention knitting. I was just telling my mom that she needs to teach me how to knit! I also mentioned macro-may.?? She's going to teach me that too. I hope this helps keep your mind of things Lidia.

Swanie78
02-07-2008, 05:36 PM
That's cool!
I just bought a Knifty Knitter yesterday with some colorful yarn. Im hoping that I can make the blanket I have in my head.
I want to do some pictures ala Marie C (http://www.phrecklesphotography.com/kids/) :)

Christie
02-07-2008, 05:37 PM
Awesome!! Nathan's mom taught me how to knit!!

teabear
02-07-2008, 06:22 PM
That is so cool. I want to learn to knit.