PDA

View Full Version : Another Must Read!

GrammaStamper
10-17-2006, 01:25 PM
The Stamper's Bill of Rights

· A rubber stamper is entrusted with creating works of art to be treasured by family and friends. Creating hand stamped items is an honourable and important task. As a Stamper, you are entitled (but not limited) to the following rights:

· You have the right to take as long as you want to complete one card. This may be five minutes or two weeks.

· You have the right to purchase a certain stamp or stamping supply for no other reason than because a) you like it; b) everyone else is purchasing it; c) you'll never find it again, or; d) you know you'll sell it someday.

· You have the right to a workspace of your own. This may be the basement, your college student's old bedroom, or the kitchen table. It's yours.

· You have the right to stamp when inspiration strikes--whether the dishes are done or not.

· You have the right to request peaceful, kid-free, stress free stamp time--without guilt.

· You have the right to create art that reflects and celebrates your spirit, whether anyone else thinks its art or not.

· You have the right to put whatever you want on your card. This includes, branches, rocks, leaves, and anything you deem usable in dumpster dive.

· You have the right to do nothing more than snack and socialize at a rubber stamp club meeting or workshop.

· You have the right to value your personal stamping style to be as important as any famous stamp artist.

· You have the right to create your own style, one card at a time.

I should have put this on earlier. Sorry. This is from site: http://www.littlebit.com/ideas_rs/billofrights.htm

tojoco
10-17-2006, 01:31 PM
Another good one. Thanks for sharing another giggle.

inkinupstamps
10-17-2006, 01:31 PM
Oooh Barb! FABULOUS! I must print this out and post it prominently in my home. Paul will FINALLY understand............I hope?:rolleyes:

lbakerc42
10-17-2006, 01:32 PM
Hi Barb,

I like this. I may have to print this and keep it on my crafting table. Thanks for sharing.

Have a great day,

GrammaStamper
10-17-2006, 01:32 PM
That's what I'm doing. On fancy paper, with a border, then I may even frame it and hit my DH over the head with it......no, I mean hang it up on my craft room door.

inkinupstamps
10-17-2006, 01:37 PM
Oh Barb! I have to tell you I giggle everytime I read your signature line. That is FANTASTIC! The best signature I've seen. Did you make it up? It is great, especially in a baseball lovin' family. My oldest son would "get" the joke when finger pointed toward me! :D

GrammaStamper
10-17-2006, 01:49 PM
Oh Barb! I have to tell you I giggle everytime I read your signature line. That is FANTASTIC! The best signature I've seen. Did you make it up? It is great, especially in a baseball lovin' family. My oldest son would "get" the joke when finger pointed toward me! :D

I would love to say I made it up, but, alas, I did not. I saw a stamp that said that and I had to use it. Eventually, when my budget recovers a little, I am going to buy the stamp because I choose to excerise my right to stamp. Here's the site and I'm going to post the site in the proper spot, too.

http://www.lasimppan.com/stampers%20paradise1.htm

laos348
10-17-2006, 01:52 PM
These are great! I'm going to print them out too and hang them in the stamp studio!

Laura

stampcrazyjulie
10-17-2006, 02:35 PM
Thank You, Barb for the giggles! :) I love this too! I am going to have to frame it too....

cindi
10-17-2006, 02:40 PM
Keep em coming I'm always up for a good laugh!!