PDA

View Full Version : Stamp Shack Changes

Sherry
12-04-2006, 08:53 AM
Hiya Ladies,

In light of recent discussions regarding member addresses in user profiles and on the birthday list, I have been doing some updating with user groups in order to make things a little more secure. So, there are a few changes that you should be aware of.

When a user first registers, she will be placed into the "Junior Member Group". This group will have access to all of the features of 'The Stamp Shack website' with the exception of the following:

User will not be added to the Member List
User will not be able to access The Birthday List
User will not be able to access the template download sections
User will not be able to access the swap board.Once a user has has become active in the community and has posted at least 20 times, she will be promoted to "Shack Member" and will be able to view/access ALL features of the website.

Also, in order to keep my web stats current, I prune the system every 30 days. Users that have not logged in to their account for 30 days or more will be deleted. If you are going on vacation for 30 days or more (heehee, some people ACTUALLY do), it is important that you let me know so that your account is not deleted.

Cheers,
Sherry

stampcrazyjulie
12-04-2006, 09:24 AM
Thank You Sherry for the update! Wow, you are on top of things! We all appreciate you! I was worried about some people just logging on to get info like our addy off of the Birthday List, but now you are making it harder for them to do so...YEAH!! :) Kudos to you for making this a Stamptabulous site! :)

Christie
12-04-2006, 10:06 AM
Vacation for 30 days! Wow, I want to do that!! Only in my dreams I guess.
Great new rules Sherry.

Erin K
12-04-2006, 10:41 AM
This thread made me smile 3 times.

1. great policy, I like that a lot.
2. Stamptabulous is a great word, I've never heard
3. I'd also like a 30 day vacation! hehe

:biglaugh:

shuggy
12-04-2006, 01:05 PM
ditto to what erin said...

and i LOVE the snowflakes on the first page!!!

once again, you rock!

toao
12-04-2006, 01:34 PM
Thanks again Sherry for your hard work and dedication to the site and it's members. :nod:

Mary

Theresa C.
12-05-2006, 07:40 AM
Thanks for posting this, I knew i had seen the Santa Sleigh download on here and when i went to find it again there are no downloads. So now I have to overcome my lurking ways!:grin: I will need help :chatterbox: ,lol