PDA

View Full Version : Dog show subpost- Pedigree commercials

maxiesmom
02-12-2008, 07:42 AM
Did anyone else watch last night? Gee some of those commercials were getting me choked up! Showing all those sad adoption commerials with those pretty doggies. The ones that really got me however were the 'Buster's family got a new apartment' showing Buster being all cute and rolling around on the floor then 'the new apartment doesn't allow pets' and Buster is sitting at the pound cause they GAVE HIM UP!!! How can anyone do that to an animal they have had and loved?? This is just beyond my comprehension!

That is actually how we got our first dog, Spunky. My mom saw an ad for a what I call 'used dog' and bought him for us. The owners had said the same thing, they were moving and the new place wouldn't let them have a dog. SO YOU MOVE SOMEWHERE ELSE!!! It's that easy! I could NEVER give up any of my dogs, no way, no how. :nah:

Off my soapbox now.

scraphappy908
02-12-2008, 07:49 AM
I agree with you Kathy. How could anyone give up their pet just because where they're moving to won't allow them. Would you give up your kids if they didn't allow children? HECK NO!!!!

tojoco
02-12-2008, 07:51 AM
I saw those commercials. The one commercial with Lennox Lewis was actually made by the male celebrities on Donald Trump's Celebrity Apprentice. One of their tasks was to make a commercial for Pedigree, and I was really glad to see that Pedigree actually used the commercial they made.

p.s. The beagle actually took first place in the Hound Division last night. We'll see if he comes in for Best in Show tonight. Let's all root for the Beagle! Don't you just love watching this show?

iloveflipflops
02-12-2008, 07:56 AM
I missed it with everything going on with Max.

Who won?

tesschap
02-12-2008, 08:03 AM
Darn - I missed them! Aunt Joyce has control of our main family room remote, DH is controlling our remote in the downstairs tv room, Drew had control of the remote in his room and oh yeah - the tv we've been going to get for our bedroom - well - it's still at Best Buy! If this keeps up I may plan a week long business trip for next week! I know the Hilton Garden will let me control my own remote :)

ccstampin12
02-12-2008, 08:04 AM
I missed it...but there's an ad with Sarah McLachlan (Sp...she's a singer), and I cannot watch it without crying.
I have to turn away from it now...I know the message, and I cannot cry everytime it comes on!! WAH!!!
Joanie

Christie
02-12-2008, 08:07 AM
No way could I get rid of my dog either. I don't care what I'd have to do. He is like my child and I love him that much too! I'd be homeless I guess.

inkinupstamps
02-12-2008, 12:59 PM
Kathy, the Pedigree commercials have been airing for a while now and everytime one comes on I get so misty eyed! They are like the old Hallmark commercials! Even Paul gets teary eyed over them.