PDA

View Full Version : I'm scared to death...wish it was the day after wednesday.

scrapsoon
02-12-2008, 03:33 PM
Hi,

I'm scared the death for the dentist,it's started when i was a little child.
When i had the youngthooth's? had a lot of black teeth.we calls it wolf.
My parents think it is cause before i came to the Netherlands i lived 1 year in South Korea,i was one when i came by my parents.
And that i then not get good food or vitamines or something.
And the dentist back then thought i didn't get oldertheets??So i got crowns on my teeth's and putting them on is really painfull and when they fall off you aren't happy knowing it's going to hurt a lott.
Over the years i keep weak tooths eventhough i brush them verry good.
I also went to a dentist everyday cause he didn't believe i brush them verry good and he said also that he saw the holes falling in my tooth.

So i've been so many times to the dentist:arghh:.i've got so scared i have a lot times i don't go to a dentist for years.
And when something happens i have to go and then it will go for awhile but then something happens and i got so much pain i'm scared to death again.

Last friday a thooth broke off and it's next to the 2 up front tooth.
So tomorrow wednesday i have to go to the dentist and i've been there for almost 3 years.
I will talk to the dentist and ask if it's possible to take all my tooth out and get an ..euh..unrealteeth??sorry don't know the word.
Then i'm not scared to go to the dentist anymore and i wont start panicing and hyperventilate and think i'm going to die.

Sorry for the long story but i really do hope tomorrow will go quick away.
I hope you will give me some strenght to go thrue wednesday.

emmcee
02-12-2008, 03:38 PM
I am almost hyperventilating with you! I also have a fear of the dentist which started in childhood, my dental work then was not quite as severe as yours.

Talk to your dentist about dentures (that's the word for unreal teeth).

I sure will be saying lots of prayers for you Soon and I know a lot of Shackies will be too. Does your dentist use novocaine, I hope so?

scrapsoon
02-12-2008, 03:42 PM
Thank you so much.
I don't know what novocaine is.
But i also went once to a dentistcentre that hellps you under narcose.
But that was so expensive and they helps a lot of tooths,but they lost also a lot.
Thanks for the word dentures(learn verry good english here).

tesschap
02-12-2008, 03:48 PM
I'm also one who does not like the dentist. I finally found a dentist that is gentle and patient with me so now it's not so bad. The thing for me was that once I started going on a regular basis I had some fillings the first time and after that I've just had cleanings - which aren't so bad.

Sending you a hug. Good luck.

patg
02-12-2008, 03:54 PM
Soon, I'm wishing you luck for your dentist visit. I hope that it will not hurt too much. It's unfortunate that you had a bad experience(s) as a young child and I know that it makes all the difference to have a really good dentist.

Pat

threefriends91
02-12-2008, 04:06 PM
Soon, l will be praying for you too. its to bad thatyou had an awful time with the dentist and l'n sure its scray now..But please remember we are with you in prayer. Please let us know how your feeling after..l'm praying it will not be so bad or painful for you... You need a BIG HUG.

scrapsoon
02-12-2008, 04:14 PM
thank you all so much.
i've got it alreaddy icecold of nerve.
thank god one of my parent go with me and i've got to be there at 14:00pm.
so when everythings going good i'll be home at 17:00??
as soon as possible i'll let you know how it went.

cindi
02-12-2008, 04:58 PM
Soon, Tooth pain can be the worst! I'll pray that your day goes by as quickly and painlessly As possible.
I would not want to be a dentist..nobody would like me!
:wubclub:

ellie
02-12-2008, 04:59 PM
Oh Soon, I too am terrified of the dentist...I would rather give birth. I have been scared since I was a child too. I know dentistry has changed a lot since then. There are dentists that can give you things like novacane or what we call laughing gas. It really helps and you won't feel anything. Please know that I am praying for you...I know exactly how you feel. Please check in and let us know how you are doing.

ccstampin12
02-12-2008, 06:03 PM
SOON!
So sorry to hear about all of this!
I certainly hope the dentist will take pity on you and be kind and gentle!
Have you explored the possibility of tooth implants? I know nothing about it other than that they are permanent "false" teeth, somehow implanted into the gums where the real teeth used to be.
It's probably quite expensive, but, again, I don't have the facts!
GOOD LUCK!
Joanie

logcabincreations
02-12-2008, 08:42 PM
Han Soon, I know how you feel. I need 3 crowns and 1 root canal...I don't like going to dentist either.

I'll say prayers that your visit with the dentist will go well and not be painful.

stampinmom3
02-12-2008, 10:21 PM
Good luck tomorrow. We will all be thinking about you.

scrapsoon
02-13-2008, 11:16 AM
Thank you all so verry much.
It was verry bad,i kept crying and hypervetilating.
But at the end it was good.
With the tooth that was broken he did nothing,so i have to live with for a whil although it looks not great but i can camouflage it a bit.
But we take fals teeth on the upperside and try to keep to underteeth as long as possible and as long as i can take.
And tomorrow there will be already taken some chewtooth?out and a mornth later they will look if everything is healt good.
I think in 2 months i have new teeths.
I'm so relieved and happy that i (for now)am not terrified for tomorrow.

cindi
02-13-2008, 11:25 AM
like you have a plan!
I hope all goes smoothly for you
:)

scrapsoon
02-13-2008, 11:57 AM
Yes thank you,tomorrow is the day of the big happening.
Now i hope i'll be tomorrow less scared of it all.

like you have a plan!
I hope all goes smoothly for you
:)

Tantalize
02-13-2008, 01:14 PM
*Big hugs to you* Soon!!! Your own experience makes me remember the very first item recorded on my dentist chart...

It says that I was scared to attend and that's why I had never been before. LOL (It was that and affordability at the time for my parents). I am sure that everything will be A - OK tomorrow!