PDA

View Full Version : A small whine and advice needed....

ccstampin12
02-13-2008, 06:06 PM
OUCH! WHINE! Right now my hands are so rough they sound like sandpaper rubbing together...and there are cracks in one knuckle....(that's where the whine comes in...it hurts!!!)
WHAT kind of hand cream do you all use that doesn't smudge up your papers?
Please come to the aid of a fellow paper pusher!!!
LOL
Joanie:cry2:

BeckyButtshaw
02-13-2008, 06:13 PM
well, I'm not sure about the smudging part, but DH uses corn huskers oil when his hands get really dry and they clear up almost instantly with that stuff!

suzi_f
02-13-2008, 06:35 PM
I use Vaseline Advanced Healing. I don't know how well it really works, long term, but it seems to absorb quickly & offer relief.

Christie
02-13-2008, 06:38 PM
My mom uses vaseline from the jar. She uses it like lotion. She has super dry hands and it helps her alot.I don't think I'd use it if Iwere going to play with paper but you could put it on before you go to bed and let it have all night to soak in.

Sherry
02-13-2008, 06:47 PM
Have you ever heard of 'Crack Cream'? LOL, I know it sounds funny but this stuff really works! We have hardwood/ceramic tile floors and if I happen to go around barefoot too much my heel will split open like a tomato. This cream works wonders and heals up the cracks in no time at all.

Tantalize
02-13-2008, 07:00 PM
A lot of my friends really like Glysomed, Joanie. perhaps buy the sample size?

ellie
02-13-2008, 07:47 PM
I don't know of any cream that won't smudge. My son loves Bag Balm...you should be able to find it up there....usually in a grocery store. It's greasy but do do the trick.
Another one I like is Udder Cream...it doesn't leave that greasy feeling on your hands like some of the others.

patg
02-13-2008, 08:32 PM
I use Avon's Moisture Therapy cream on a daily basis. But when my hands get that bad, I turn to my cortisone ointment which clears it up quickly. Good luck.

Pat

iloveflipflops
02-13-2008, 09:18 PM
I am going to keep reading this thread as DH has this same problem. His knuckles are constantly cracking from the cold weather we are having. And its not even as cold as yours so I hope you find some relief. If you do, let me know please :)

Firecracker
02-13-2008, 09:24 PM
Just plain old Vaseline. My plastic surgeon had me use it on my skin grafts so it would not crack. She said this was the best thing to use. Hugs, Heather

tesschap
02-13-2008, 10:06 PM
I prefer the Avon Moisture Therapy too but I'm not certain that it doesn't smudge.

IMBlessed5
02-13-2008, 10:31 PM
I have very dry skin in the winter, splits at the knuckles, whole nine yards! I use Avon Silicone Glove on my hands. LOOOOOVE it! It's very thick and provides instant relief. And it lasts. It definitely feels like a glove!

directmailscrapper
02-13-2008, 10:42 PM
I like to use creamy vaseline at night and wear cotton gloves to bed. It helps even more if you soak your hands for a few minutes before you put the vaseline on. I also like using a gentle hand scrub to remove the skin flakes -- it seems to make the moisturizers work better. Mary Kay has one -- but I'm sure there are others.

ccstampin12
02-15-2008, 11:04 AM
Thanks for all your helpful ideas, Girls!
I have been using Bert's Bees Hand Salve at night, but during the day, I don't use anything if I'm doing papercrafting. Maybe I need something better for night....I'll check these products out!
Thanks again!
Joanie

ChristyR
02-15-2008, 11:15 AM
my hands get real dry at my knuckles and my wrist area when it turns cold outside. I have used Nutrogena small white tube, kinda pricey but it works very quickly for me. I am not sure about it smudging on your paper as it does have the consistensy of thick vasoline. You only need a dab of this stuff it is GREAT!!!

hope you find some relief ;) GOOD LUCK