PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite breakfast cereal?

mydogstinks2
02-16-2008, 08:46 AM
Just wondering cause I'm kinda nuts you know! LOL Plus you never know some day you may be over for breakfast and I gotta know what to have!

Right now I'm eating Corn Pops just cause they sounded good at the store. I love Rasin Bran and Cocoa Pebbles too! Boo Berry when you can find it which seems to be only around Halloween time. What is up with that??

loobylou
02-16-2008, 08:52 AM
I eat Muesli every day.I think I have apricot and pecan flavour at the moment. I have it with yoghurt, not milk. I like to add sunflower seeds and pepitas. I also add a spoonful of flaxseed oil for Omega 3's.
Just in case I come to visit, i hope you have that over there

ccstampin12
02-16-2008, 08:56 AM
TOTAL!!!
With berries!
Yummers, and not all that bad for you...unless you count the carbs!
Joanie

Christie
02-16-2008, 09:02 AM
I love all cereal equally!! I love the Spcial K with chocoloate and right now I'm eating Great Grains Selects with Pecans.

mydogstinks2
02-16-2008, 09:08 AM
I eat Muesli every day.I think I have apricot and pecan flavour at the moment. I have it with yoghurt, not milk. I like to add sunflower seeds and pepitas. I also add a spoonful of flaxseed oil for Omega 3's.
Just in case I come to visit, i hope you have that over there

Note to self:

When Sarah comes to visit take her out for breakfast! LOL

What are pepitas??

loobylou
02-16-2008, 09:11 AM
Note to self:

When Sarah comes to visit take her out for breakfast! LOL

What are pepitas??

LOL
I like going out for breakfast so that is fine by me

Pepitas are pumpkin seeds

Darleneh710
02-16-2008, 09:17 AM
Ok this is probably going to sound really bad..but I love Cocoa Pebbles (not good for ya). I dont eat them that often..once in a while when I have a craving for them. I do like Corn Flakes as well and fruity pebbles lol...

iloveflipflops
02-16-2008, 09:38 AM
I love Grape Nuts with a tsp of sugar on top :). Oh and bananas sliced up too

tesschap
02-16-2008, 09:41 AM
I'm not really a breakfast cereal person but I do like Life, Frosted Mini Wheats or Cream of Wheat.

Sarah - Evan (DS#1) also eats his cereal with yogurt. For him it's usually Special K with Berries.

This morning I made my self a toasted roll with peanut butter. Not too good for the diet!

iloveflipflops
02-16-2008, 09:42 AM
I also love Captain Crunch but do not eat that often since its pure sugar!!

Christie
02-16-2008, 09:49 AM
I love Grape Nuts with a tsp of sugar on top :). Oh and bananas sliced up too

Too bad you dont' live closer. My grocery store had them for $1 a box!!!!

iloveflipflops
02-16-2008, 10:33 AM
WHAT?!! $1 a box? Erin and I both LOVE grapenuts!! Mmmmm good!!

ellie
02-16-2008, 10:45 AM
I like Sugar Frosted Flakes, Honey Nut Cherios, and Capn' Crunch!

mydogstinks2
02-16-2008, 11:03 AM
I also love Captain Crunch but do not eat that often since its pure sugar!!

How can you eat Captin Crunch??? When ever I eat it I feel like I've ran a cheese grater over the roof of my mouth when I'm done!

I do like it but does it have to be so hard??

tesschap
02-16-2008, 11:08 AM
How can you eat Captin Crunch??? When ever I eat it I feel like I've ran a cheese grater over the roof of my mouth when I'm done!

I do like it but does it have to be so hard??

I was thinking the same thing! I do love Captain Crunch but boy does it hurt the roof of my mouth!

iloveflipflops
02-16-2008, 11:39 AM
That is another reason I don't eat it very often. Thanks for the memory!! :)

Kreative Dryve
02-16-2008, 11:54 AM
I like Cinnamon Toast Crunch (cannot keep this stocked in my house) :wideeyed:
I also eat Honey Nut Cheerios, Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch, and Honey Bunch of Oats with strawberries (very good)

~MArie

suzi_f
02-16-2008, 12:14 PM
I like Corn Pops & Apple Jacks. But, most of the time, I like good ole Cheerios. I hate it when the kids talk me into the Honey Nut Cherrios. I HATE them!! And I don't like Cap'n Crunch; when it gets they tiniest bit soggy, it makes the milk all funky!! But, as I recall, it's the "secret" ingredient in Planet Hollywood's chicken strips (I think it's PH, isn't that the one the Bruce Willis & Arnold Schwatzeneger started??)

Erin K
02-16-2008, 12:21 PM
I love ceral. I try NOT to keep it in the house because I eat too much but my boys both eat it now so we usually have some.

I love grapenuts, and cracklin oat bran.

for sugar ceral I love lucky charms. They make me super happy. I also like apple jacks, although the Cheerios apple cinniman (I can never spell that, you know what I mean) is really good too. I hate all chocolate ceral, even the smell of it. And guess what all the boys here love? You guessed it. Guess who is in charge of cleaning up all that nasty chocolate ceral milk and leavings and all that mess... ding ding ding ding, you guessed it me! Oh and who gets tons of chocolate ceral breath kisses? me! *course I love all toddler kisses even chocolate ones*

So that's me on cearal.

did yall know that I super love eggs? they might be my favorite food EVER.

tojoco
02-16-2008, 12:24 PM
My favorite at the moment is Special K with cinnamon and pecans. Hmmmm yummy! But I do like all the Special K cereals.

Erin K
02-16-2008, 12:25 PM
I've never had total or special k

are they just flakes? I don't like flakes because they get all soggy and I don't like soggy

tojoco
02-16-2008, 12:30 PM
Yes Special K is flakes but if you get the one with the berries or pecans, you can still have crunch when the flakes get soggy.

HeatherJ
02-16-2008, 03:19 PM
My guilty pleasure is Froot Loops!

Sherry
02-16-2008, 03:26 PM
I'm a Shreddies girl...Mmmmm. Oh, and Special K. I just bought the Special K Satisfaction cereal but haven't tried it yet.

Christie
02-16-2008, 03:45 PM
WHAT?!! $1 a box? Erin and I both LOVE grapenuts!! Mmmmm good!!

Yup, $1 a box!!!

bubblegum girl
02-16-2008, 05:31 PM
For a sugar fix Cinnamon Toast Crunch all the way. I loved Apple Jacks but i havent had it in years since it isnt in Canada, we had it when we were on Vacation in the states and stayed in a condo.

Right now i LOVE maple brown sugar instant oatmeal, with aq lil extra brown sugar and real cram not milk. yummmm

directmailscrapper
02-16-2008, 05:33 PM
Great Grains with pecans -- absolutely the best cereal around and my DD agrees. I also love cream of wheat with cinnamon and raisins -- but she thinks it's gross.

lakeslady
02-16-2008, 06:08 PM
For me it is a small dish of Special K with red berries, a desert spoon of lemon yogurt on top and add to that half a sliced banana.

Now if I am feeling very naughty, its is hot crossiants butter and jam, not one but TWO:D

Tantalize
02-16-2008, 06:13 PM
Multi-grain honey nut cheerios!!! That little does it for me. LOL

maxiesmom
02-16-2008, 08:07 PM
Ok, I love all the kid cereals I used to eat- Fruit Loops, Apple Jacks, Cap'n Crunch with Crunchberries only thank you, Cocoa Pebbles, Super Golden Crisps(do they think they are fooling anyone by NOT calling them Super Sugar Crisps anymore??)

Now that I actually pay attention to how many carbs I am stuffing into myself I do not allow myself these things, heavy sigh. I generally eat regular old fashioned oatmeal with some Splenda and cinnamon. Sometimes Honey bunches of oats with some dried cranberries, raisin bran or Life(again sprinkled with Splenda). I tried a WW cereal that Sam's had last summer that tasted pretty good, but it was a special buy there and I can't find it anywhere else around here.
Man I miss bagels.
Oh and I eat lots of eggs too. Erin you'd love it here, I always have lots of eggs in the house.

logcabincreations
02-16-2008, 08:15 PM
I like cocoa pebbles and raisin nut bran.

logcabincreations
02-16-2008, 08:16 PM
Great Grains with pecans -- absolutely the best cereal around and my DD agrees. I also love cream of wheat with cinnamon and raisins -- but she thinks it's gross.

What brand is this?

cecescraps
02-16-2008, 08:24 PM
Okay, now I feel a bit strange but, I do NOT like cereal. Once a year I might Smart Start. But, I do like granola and fruit (perfer strawberries) on my yogurt. Now, my kids, they eat cereal ALL the time... breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack ... they don't care what time of day! YUCK!!

Caboverde1
02-16-2008, 08:25 PM
Golden Grahams is the BOMB!!
Tonii

workin4stamps
02-16-2008, 08:45 PM
Golden Grahams are my favorite. Lately I have also been eating the new Nature Valley cereal that has the little pieces of granola in it. yummy!!!

Traci