PDA

View Full Version : Question #2 on Alcohol Inks

tojoco
12-04-2006, 01:49 PM
I started playing with the alcohol inks on the Christmas ornaments and it is definitely a lot of fun. I'm going to get some inexpensive votive holders from YC to make some inexpensive gifts for my YC friends.

BUT, my question is: am I putting too much ink on the felt pad when the pad won't stay on the velcro? One more question: After the ink dries on the ornament, can I go back and pat more ink on it to cover up "holidays"?

Thanks girls, you are all the greatest pretty much walking me through this technique. All this stamping is basically new to me.:wub: :wub: :wub:

flyingflower
12-04-2006, 02:06 PM
I found those inexpensive vinyl gloves that are used when coloring hair keep the color off my fingers - AFTER they turned blue, green, red and everything in between! LOL!

I usually go back over the inked areas 2 or 3 times. I found if I didn't let it completely set first, though, it just kept blending & look muddy. When that happened, I let it set, then started dabbling again.

Did you see the pix (http://stamp-shack.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1097&limit=recent) of the votives I did?

lost luggage
12-04-2006, 02:39 PM
On the velcro?? Mine will hardly ever come off the velcro without a fight. Are you using the rough side of the velcro?

tojoco
12-04-2006, 02:41 PM
Julie, the velcro was already on the handle part. I didn't have to put it on. I just keep replacing the pads as they come off.

lost luggage
12-04-2006, 03:18 PM
Shoot- I don't know. I made my own. All I did was put one of those sticky velcro squares (the rough part) onto a wood block. Sounds like you might have the Tim Holtz applicator. I have never look at it up close. :( Sorry!