PDA

View Full Version : I'm worried about Lisa Guyon**Updated**

workin4stamps
02-17-2008, 08:03 PM
I was just reading on CNN that there were tornados today in Prattville, AL and I recognized that as Lisa's town. I left her a phone message. Pray that everyone in her family is okay! If I hear back from her I'll post again...

Traci

***EDITED TO ADD: I found Lisa's cell phone number so I was able to talk to her. She said they are all okay, but Prattville is a pretty small town. Her house and her parents house are okay, but they have close friends that have lost everything. The tornado hit about 3 miles from her house, and I think she said only 1/2 mile from her parents. She said they have about 10 or 15 friends that they know who lost their homes. There are no fatalities or serious injuries that she knows of. She asked that we all keep them in our prayers.

They don't have phone/internet, etc right now, but she will get back online as soon as she can.

mydogstinks2
02-17-2008, 08:04 PM
YES let as know when you hear from her! I hope she and everyone are ok.

cindi
02-17-2008, 08:06 PM
that is awful!! please kee[p us updated
:policeman:

maxiesmom
02-17-2008, 08:07 PM
Yikes, oh no! Please let Lisa and everyone else down there be ok!

tesschap
02-17-2008, 08:14 PM
Oh no. I'll keep her in my prayers. I heard about the tornados but can never remeber where all of my fellow Shackies live. Do let us know if you hear from her. Thanks.

iloveflipflops
02-17-2008, 08:16 PM
Oh no. How scary. I haven't heard that on the news yet.

workin4stamps
02-17-2008, 08:21 PM
Oh no. I'll keep her in my prayers. I heard about the tornados but can never remeber where all of my fellow Shackies live. Do let us know if you hear from her. Thanks.

you know, don't ask me HOW I remembered that's where she lived. I usually have a terrible memory about that kind of stuff. When I just saw it, it jumped out at me, and I thought of her right away. I went and looked at her profile and sure enough....that was it.

:-)

Traci

workin4stamps
02-17-2008, 08:45 PM
I tried to edit the title, but for some reason it doesn't show on the main page. They are all okay. You can read my update here in the 1st post:

http://stamp-shack.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20055

Traci

ellie
02-17-2008, 08:47 PM
I have been away from the board so much with Molly that I didn't know. I will keep them in my prayers.

mydogstinks2
02-17-2008, 08:47 PM
Thank you for letting us know!! Tornados are so scary, I hate them.

Vintagegal
02-17-2008, 09:11 PM
Holy moly! OMG! I will certainly keep that town in my prayers. Oh my, oh my! This is hitting too close to home. I'm so glad to hear that Lisa and her family are safe, and there are no fatalities.

tojoco
02-17-2008, 09:12 PM
I'm glad you were able to get in touch with her and that she's okay. The weather down here is just unreal. The temps here in Memphis reached 70 today and I mentioned to DH when I stepped in from outside that it's so warm and calm outside that I bet we'll be hearing about more tornados. The sirens never did go off though. I'm sorry to hear there were tornadoes in Alabama.