PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever done this?

mydogstinks2
02-18-2008, 07:16 AM
Today I start working second shift 2pm-10pm. I've been working 6am-2pm for the last month. When I started working there I knew I was going to second after "training". I'm very happy about not having to get up at 4am to get ready for work any more.

Well this morning I rolled over and looked at the clock and it was 6:20. I rolled back over then was like poop!! 6:20 I over sleep!!! DH looked at me and was like whats wrong with you. I told him I was late, he laughed and said "You don't have to be there til 2". DUH!! I knew that when I went to bed. Just for a minute I had totally forgotten and was freeking out.

I remember back in high school doing that on a saturday. Waking up and for getting what day it was.

loobylou
02-18-2008, 07:28 AM
Yes, I sometimes do that on my day off, but then I need to get up and get the boys ready for school on weekdays anyway. i have done it on the weekend and been totally angry at myself after i get up and realise i could be sleeping!

ccstampin12
02-18-2008, 07:34 AM
Yes, I used to do that when I was still teaching. It was quite annoying as I could never get back to sleep again after that initial "scare" over the idea that I was late for work!
Joanie

ellie
02-18-2008, 08:14 AM
Yes, I have done that too. One time, when my dh and I were dating, he was very confused because he worked nights. He called me at 5 AM and said he was sorry he was late and would be right over. It was dark out and he thought it was 5 PM!

tesschap
02-18-2008, 08:15 AM
Oh yes, I've done this a few times. Of course you can never get back to sleep after you realize that you're not late!

kimmyqtgirl
02-18-2008, 08:32 AM
I have done that too! I work midnights and there have been a few times it's dark when you go to bed and when you wake up and you get all confused. hahaha... Teresa is right there is no falling back asleep after that happens. I tend to look at the clock in a panic every half hour after that.

workin4stamps
02-18-2008, 08:34 AM
I still do that sometimes. I'll wake up on a Sunday in a fog and I'll have to think about it for a few minutes before I finally realize what day it is!!!!

Traci

mahodgman
02-18-2008, 09:40 AM
My DH woke me up at 5:30 this morning thinking I was late for work. I usually get up at 5 a.m........but today is a HOLIDAY!

Christie
02-18-2008, 10:09 AM
I hate when you take a nap in the afternoon and wake up thinking you've over slept!

suzi_f
02-18-2008, 10:40 AM
I usually have the oposite problem. I wake up 10-15 min before the alarm goes off thinking it's a Saturday & I can sleep in. They, usually before I go back to sleep I realize it's a school day & I have to get up. BLUCK!!!

Sleeping in for me means 5:30-6. I'm a morning person. I love being the only one in the house up (except for the cat & I'd PREFER he be asleep too!!!)