PDA

View Full Version : It's all fun and games at Shackapaloosa!!

mydogstinks2
02-18-2008, 12:10 PM
Here are just a few of the things we have planned to do at Shackapaloosa:

"Stamp Shack" instead of "bingo"
Get your bingo game on!! We are going to be playing a bingo like game. But we are making it all "shacked-up"!!

How well do you know your shackies?
This will be a fun list of questions about your fellow shackies. Start asking questions of each other. You never know what you could win!

Scavenger Hunt
Did you bring a purple polka dotted brad with you? How about a scrap of gold stripped paper? You may need it!

Build a card
We will start off a couple of diffrent "mystery bags" full of "supplies". Everyone reaches in and pulls out something and has to use it on that card. I can't see what we can make out of tp and staples!! LOL

Image swap
Have a favorite image or even one you are not sure what to do with. Stamp a few extra and bring them with you. Please stamp in black ink on white paper. The more you bring to share the more you get back!!

"Chinese gift exchange"
Not sure why it's called this but that is what it was called when I first played it at a Christmas party.

Here is how it works:

Bring a new gift wrapped craft item. Value between $1.00 - $5.00. Everyone who plays will then draw a number. #1 goes first. They choose a gift to unwrap but it may not be theirs yet... #2 then gets the choice of unwrapping a new gift or taking #1's gift. IF they take #1's then #1 get to unwrap another one. But then #8 wants #2's gift. They can take it and it is theirs for the rest of the game. Once a gift is taken twice it can no longer be taken. Do you get it??:err:

so...

#1 unwraps a gift
#2 takes it, #1 unwraps another one
#8 wants #2's so she takes it. It's "safe" and is hers. #2 then unwraps something new.

Trust me it is really fun!!

#

:wubclub:There are some great prizes too. I may have to take a picture and show you some of the fun stuff!!:wubclub:

Let me know if you have any questions...

Robinkay
02-18-2008, 01:29 PM
I love it!!! I can't wait! Oh...I better put in for time off that weekend huh? ;+)
Great job Chelsey & Chris.

Spartymom
02-18-2008, 01:37 PM
Wow, sounds like fun! You and Chelsey have been busy. I'm working on my shoebox project. Can't wait to share that with everyone. Robinkay, I hope you get the time off.

Caboverde1
02-18-2008, 01:44 PM
Sounds like huge amounts of fun! We call the Chinese game...White elephant style auction! COOL...yall have fun!

TOnii

cindi
02-18-2008, 01:56 PM
I wish I were going!
have fun ladies and take lots of pics to share with the rest of us.

Fief14
02-18-2008, 03:39 PM
Sounds fun! Can't wait for May to get here! Thanks for all of your hard work planning these games.

IMBlessed5
02-18-2008, 03:39 PM
Sounds like some great activities planned!

We call that gift exchange "dirty santa" at Christmas parties but that's actually the only time I've ever played it, LOL!

Patty
02-18-2008, 03:40 PM
Please tell me again about the shoebox thingy??? I already know I have images I don't know what to do with--I thought the Chinese auction was something you didn't want--you know--like a white elephant--but it sounds like fun--I'm gonna start packing---

kimmyqtgirl
02-18-2008, 04:00 PM
WOW you have been doing alot of planning. This is going to have to be a yearly event! I am so excited.

ellie
02-18-2008, 04:05 PM
This is gonna be so much fun...you girls are great "cruise directors"!

scrapsoon
02-18-2008, 05:29 PM
Ohw wow i have to sit for a while to understand this.
Tomorrow evening i'm free for a couple of days and i hope i can play with you all.
Is there a end date for it??

mahodgman
02-18-2008, 05:48 PM
Ok, so what/when is Shackapaloosa? Did I miss something? We are having a sunny day so I was out washing the car.

K...so I'm a dork. This is the get together in May right? I can't go! Boo hooo for me! I'm saving up to go to SU convention in July.

maxiesmom
02-18-2008, 08:10 PM
Holy shamoley! You have been busy girls! Guess I need to start thinking about the shoebox swap, eh?? Pressure, pressure!

scraphappy908
02-18-2008, 10:55 PM
Oh Stop it Chris! You are getting me all excited!!!! I can't wait for May. I'm going to have to search the posts again for all the things we're going to do so that I can be ready. It sounds like it's going to be soooo much fun!

mydogstinks2
02-19-2008, 08:52 AM
Please tell me again about the shoebox thingy??? I already know I have images I don't know what to do with--I thought the Chinese auction was something you didn't want--you know--like a white elephant--but it sounds like fun--I'm gonna start packing---

Here is a link to the post about the shoe box projects:

http://stamp-shack.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18130

The projects can be anything, simple hard it's up to you!!