PDA

View Full Version : OMG This is so much fun!

tojoco
12-04-2006, 02:59 PM
You girls have really inspired me with the alcohol inks. When you first started talking about them, I thought no way no how.:nah: I'm not getting into that or any other new craft. I'm just gonna stick with scrapbooking and rubber stamping.:nod: Well, those AI ornaments are so beautiful and such inexpensive gifts that I had to try it and I found that I am having a blast playing with all the ink colors.:grin: I am actually walking around the house looking for things that I could "ink up". LOL

In any event, thanks for your inspiration and guidance. I'm going to finish up all the other glass ornaments I have. Wow, what easy and cheap gifts to give.

inkinupstamps
12-04-2006, 03:05 PM
Joanne I want to see yours when they are dry!:nod:

I stopped at Michaels when I was out this morning and they had glass ornaments on sale for 50% off. PLUS, the ornaments are in a variety of sizes and shapes. Once I found a variety of shapes I wanted I headed to my LSS to cash in a $15 credit I had and bought some more colours of AI. Now all I have to do is begin!

Thank YOU for the inspiration and challenge of this! Every one I've seen so far is just awesome!!:notworthy:

flyingflower
12-04-2006, 03:22 PM
Lets see, there are the ornaments & the votive holders & the ceramic toothbrush holders (now called pencil holders) & key ring (the type that snaps open to put the photo in), & microscope slides & metal tape (both good as embellishments) & ...

keltie
12-04-2006, 03:24 PM
SOunds like you can tap tap tap anything.
Heather

tojoco
12-04-2006, 03:25 PM
Margo, that's so funny. Pretty soon we'll be inking up the walls! LOL:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

iloveflipflops
12-04-2006, 03:29 PM
So if it doesn't move, alcohol ink it ... is that the new saying of the week? :) Have fun!!

flyingflower
12-04-2006, 03:44 PM
BTW, how did you know that is what I've been saying?! :wideeyed:

flyingflower
12-04-2006, 03:45 PM
I did consider mirrors

Whoopsie Daisy!
12-04-2006, 03:48 PM
See what you can do with something not glossy but fairly smooth. My gift box that's in the Stamp Shack Holiday Challenge gallery is not a glossy box. But with more blending solution than usual, I was able to achieve the look I wanted. The box had a smooth and even surface... it didn't absorb like paper.

I am glad you are all getting so into alcohol inks. I can't believe it was so intimidating at first. I just got my 4th pack of colors today!

Jane

Far North
12-04-2006, 04:25 PM
Key ring tags--another quick inexpensive gift. I used the AI on the laminate countertop samples. Once they are inked they are ready for any stamped image. Personally I glued two together instead of dealing with removing the nasty back label.
..Jan

moosemama
12-04-2006, 04:58 PM
the ornaments in the gallery are really nice-I have a box of glass ornaments waiting to be used-now I am inspired. TFS
fern moosemama