PDA

View Full Version : support

jazzypurple853
02-19-2008, 07:04 AM
I normally don't post my personal life, since I tend to be a private person. I feel that I need the support more than ever. I suffer from panic/anxiety attacks. Well , I still have then some are not so bad and some , well are really bad. Sunday , I attempted to take my daughter to visit family. Well it turned out to be quite an ordeal. I have several back to back and what seemed endless at the time panic attacks. It took 4 hours to get to where I was going, where if everything was okay , it would have taken 1-1/2 hours. My family has been very supportive. After an ordeal getting there, I made a decision for my ex to come get her, since I didn't want to drive myself. I didnt' want my daughter to endure another ride like that. I did manage to drive myself home, and it took 3 hours.

Needless to say, I'm pretty shoken up about it. I'm trying to regain my self confidence to get back on my feet.

Throughout the ordeal I tried everything to get myself out of the attack and it just wasn't working. I did end up taking medicine, which seemed to work for a while and then the panic started up once again. I use the medicine only in case of emergencies. I am seeing a theraphist. I guess I have to take this as a learning experience and grow from it, and see what I can do handle this situation better.

I am divorced, my ex and I are still living in the same household until the house sells. There are reasons for this that I really don't want to get into.

Vintagegal
02-19-2008, 07:54 AM
Wow, Shelley! I am glad that you are seeing a therapist about this. That's good. I'm also glad to hear that you have supportive family, and your ex was willing to come and get you. I can't even imagine how frightening this is for you. I will definitely keep you in my prayers. I hope this can be resolved and managed. You poor thing.

irishchristine
02-19-2008, 07:54 AM
I will be praying for you. My brother has panic attacks and he takes meds daily. He has not had an attack in over a year. I was around him twice when he had one and it was bad. So I feel for you!

ccstampin12
02-19-2008, 08:03 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that this problem plaques you.
I hope you will see a doctor and maybe get different meds.
The therapy should help.
I am thinking about you!
HUGS
Joanie

mahodgman
02-19-2008, 08:23 AM
I'm sorry you are having a difficult time with panic attacks. I just want you to know I'm thinking of you and praying for a treatment plan for you.

mydogstinks2
02-19-2008, 08:30 AM
I'm sorry! It's great that you have support from everyone around you. I had one once after I was in a bad car accident. It took me along time to drive again. The first time I tried to I could not do it. I had my Nieces in the car and had to pull over. I was crying and "freeking out" as they said. They had to walk back home and get my sister so she could drive. (this was before we all had cell phones)

I could not imagine having this happen all the time. I feel for you!! I will hope that they can help you get this under control! I'll be thinking of you.

threefriends91
02-19-2008, 08:52 AM
Oh Shelley, l do know what your going through, l had very bad Panic Attacks and anixiety too. after my late HB had gotten sick and l had to go see a theraphist who still has me on medcine daily, and it has really helped me..its very scray and was very frightening, when l had my attacks in front of my daughter l would feel ashamed..
Their is some good medcine out their to help you through this time..Talk to your theraphist about this..and if you need to talk just pm me..its been over a year now and it feels great. Here is a HUG and my Prayers are going your way.. Take care because we care.

countrycowgirl
02-19-2008, 11:05 AM
I feel for Shelley panic attacks can be quite debilating. It is wonderful that you got through this attack and got your daughter where she need to go, that is a step in the right direction!

logcabincreations
02-19-2008, 02:31 PM
Adding you to my prayer journal. Big Hugs. I hope you can find a solution and get some relief so that you don't have these anymore.

patg
02-19-2008, 02:43 PM
Hi Shelley,

Hugs to you. Sorry to hear about your ordeal and am very glad to hear that you are seeing a therapist. Only time will tell. Pat

iloveflipflops
02-19-2008, 05:57 PM
I have only had 1 panic attack in my life and it scared me to death so I can't imagine what you are going through right now!! Poor thing. I am glad you are seeing a therapist and getting help. Here's a big hug :)