PDA

View Full Version : Asking for help for friend that lost everything in Tornado

lisaguyon
02-20-2008, 04:48 PM
My DH coworker lost everything in the tornado on Sunday. We had several friends who also lost everything but they were home owners. This family were renters and although they had rental insurance, it will not cover everything being replaced.

I am asking for my fellow Shackie friends to lend a helping had in anyway you can....every dollar will help.

When you sign up, I will PM you their name. I am asking that donations and cards be send to me in their name since they dont even have a mailbox at this point.

Thank you so much for your help. Each and everything sent will be given to them unopened.

emmcee
02-20-2008, 05:02 PM
Hi Lisa, I just pm'd you.

threefriends91
02-20-2008, 05:03 PM
l will sign up, oh this poor family, we can't bring back their treasures but maybe we can bring them some hope..please pm me and l'll do what l can..itmight not be too much right now but l'm sure a little from lots will go a long way..l will pray for all who went through this nightmare...

scrapsoon
02-20-2008, 05:16 PM
Will you pm me also for theire names??
I'm sorry if i had the possability??to send money i sure did,but i am not that rich unfortunatly.
But i do can send them a card for a bit of happines,is that okay??

tesschap
02-20-2008, 05:28 PM
PM me too. Not sure how I can help but I will definately do something for them.

logcabincreations
02-20-2008, 05:45 PM
Lisa, send me a pm and I'll do what I can.

lisaguyon
02-20-2008, 05:52 PM
Thanks to those that have responded so far. I have PM each of you.

Even a card of Uplifting thoughts and letting them know that others are praying for them is great. It does not have to contain money or a gift card. I just want to give them a bag of cards and say my papercrafting buddies are thinking of you. If you can aid them financially that is great but if not just a thougtful card is great too. Its the thought that counts.

Lisa

iloveflipflops
02-20-2008, 05:53 PM
PM me Lisa. Would be happy to send something.

Paula Carden
02-20-2008, 05:57 PM
Lisa
send me info too I will send something also. Bless their hearts-

cecescraps
02-20-2008, 06:38 PM
Lisa,
I would love to help. Pleae send me the information.

logcabincreations
02-21-2008, 10:00 AM
Lisa, I have sent an email to my church ladies mission group and set a deadline of March 5 for anyone wanting to donate money. I will also make an announcement at church this coming Sunday.

lisaguyon
02-21-2008, 10:50 AM
Lisa, I have sent an email to my church ladies mission group and set a deadline of March 5 for anyone wanting to donate money. I will also make an announcement at church this coming Sunday.

Thanks so much for all you are doing. I know that Scott will be touched.

Lisa